• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DI06 update due 9-22

Arghh! I got the notification Saturday, attempted to install. Got a installation failed error. Now when I try to get it again by update firmware, it tells me I'm up to date. Any other way to force this? Anyone have the update file so I can install myself?
Mine came this morning when I clicked on updates in the market. Then I had to manually update it through about phone/ firmware updates. Everything is back to normal I think hehe.

Upvote 0
I woke up this morning to an update notification. Upon telling it to go ahead, the phone rebooted into recovery 3.11 (I'm running a rooted Amstel 2.0 Rom) and said that the update could not be executed as the path could not be found. I found the patch in the /updates folder on the root of the phone. I should have copy/pasted it somewhere else, but assumed it would stay there. I rebooted to system, and it was gone from the cache. In an attempt to try again, I went into *settings* *about phone* *system updates* *update firmware* - this grabbed the file again (a short download) then told me to reboot the phone, it rebooted, showed an install graphic I'd never seen before, then continued with a normal reboot. Once done, I got a popup box saying "Sending update status" (or something of the sort) and now i am running DI06 in the baseband.

So yes, if it fails, or you're interested in trying this, I say go for it!

Upvote 0
I woke up this morning to an update notification. Upon telling it to go ahead, the phone rebooted into recovery 3.11 (I'm running a rooted Amstel 2.0 Rom) and said that the update could not be executed as the path could not be found. I found the patch in the /updates folder on the root of the phone. I should have copy/pasted it somewhere else, but assumed it would stay there. I rebooted to system, and it was gone from the cache. In an attempt to try again, I went into *settings* *about phone* *system updates* *update firmware* - this grabbed the file again (a short download) then told me to reboot the phone, it rebooted, showed an install graphic I'd never seen before, then continued with a normal reboot. Once done, I got a popup box saying "Sending update status" (or something of the sort) and now i am running DI06 in the baseband.

So yes, if it fails, or you're interested in trying this, I say go for it!

What about your Build number? Is it still ECLAIR.DE03? I've read in this thread where some people are reporting that after the update, their Build number is ECLAIR.DI06. I did the manual update first, then got the update notification a day or so later. When I tried that, it errored when it rebooted my phone into recovery mode. Not sure what the message said, but I still have the DI06 in the Baseband. Never go the opportunity to try it again.

Upvote 0
Arghh! I got the notification Saturday, attempted to install. Got a installation failed error. Now when I try to get it again by update firmware, it tells me I'm up to date. Any other way to force this? Anyone have the update file so I can install myself?
Try a battery pull and then turn it back on. The notification to update should come back.

I was using my Moment on wifi mode, after I deactivated it from Sprint, when surprisingly it notified me of the update a day later.

I read the "help" on it, and then pressed cancel, and it disappeared. I couldn't update either via settings. So I shut it down, turned it back on, and within a few minutes the update notification came back, and I was able to update my moment on wifi.

Upvote 0
What about your Build number? Is it still ECLAIR.DE03? I've read in this thread where some people are reporting that after the update, their Build number is ECLAIR.DI06. I did the manual update first, then got the update notification a day or so later. When I tried that, it errored when it rebooted my phone into recovery mode. Not sure what the message said, but I still have the DI06 in the Baseband. Never go the opportunity to try it again.
After the udpate, my baseband version is DE03, but the Build # is DI06. People may be getting the baseband and build # confused.

Upvote 0
when i tried the update, the phone froze just like yours, on the boot screen. i let it sit like that for bout 10 minutes, and then decided to pull the battery. after i put the battery back in, it finished downloading and installing and no real problems since then (cept a few random reboots, i'm running radioactive froyo 1.8.22)
Woa... Froyo on the Moment? I must be behind the times! Came to the forum because I am stuck at ARM9 FOTA Updating right now also... guess I will remove battery and see if I am ok like everyone else is reporting. But I gotta research this radioactive thing... I thought they didn't have Froyo working good on the Moment yet!

Upvote 0
I downloaded the update yesterday (Sat. 9/25/10) while walking to work. Took about 5 minutes.

Everything seemed to be just fine until the end of the day and I was unable to get the phone to pair with my car's built in hands free bluetooth. In the past, the connection has worked nearly flawlessly, I would occaisionally have to re-pair the phone & car if I had rebooted the phone, but that usually took about 1 minute or less.

As of last night, the phone no longer sees the car's bluetooth device, even after multiple scans, so I have no way of paring them.

Anyone else have this issue? (or similar?)

Yes. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Upvote 0
As I said before I'm running the Amstel 2.0 rom, so my build is still "MeatKernelv2.0.1rc1 SDX-Developers" but my baseband has definitely changed to "s:M900.8.05.DI06"

I don't know if it is actually possible to update your build unless you were to flash back to stock, were already using stock, and probably not running custom recovery. I would assume that the people that work HARD over at SDX are already working on this.

Upvote 0

My phone has:
Baseband version: S:M900.8.OS.DI06
Build number: ECLAIR.DI06

Have you tried Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates > Update Android ?

NOTE: I did not need to do this step, but I was considering it if I did not receive an update notice just when the Update firmware completed.

Like I said in my previous post, there seem to be two steps to this update, step 1: a ~30 second download that installs and reboots in normal time, step 2: takes 1+ minute to download displaying a slow progress bar and it takes more than a couple of minutes to reboot.

Upvote 0
Woa... Froyo on the Moment? I must be behind the times! Came to the forum because I am stuck at ARM9 FOTA Updating right now also... guess I will remove battery and see if I am ok like everyone else is reporting. But I gotta research this radioactive thing... I thought they didn't have Froyo working good on the Moment yet!

oh, it's actually not the full on 2.2 froyo, but is a custom rom using froyo jit, increasing the speed of the phone by a lot. head over to sdx and check it out. it's one of the more popular custom roms available for this phone.

Upvote 0
My recent near-48hr uptime with the wifi/3g handoff must have been an anomaly. I got 4hrs after turning on wifi this time, but didn't actually connect for the 1st hr or so. The lockup was preceded by my phone blacking out then bringing up the unlock screen every time I changed screen orientation. Moving the phone around could also bring a black screen to the unlock screen. I was starting to freak out, wondering what was broken now, but restarting the phone due to data lockup fixed that weird behavior.

I got to test kahale's claim from this thread that SMODA Widget restored his data connection after a lockup. Maybe it works on a rooted phone, but not my stock 2.1.

Also, I don't know if it's this update to the bluetooth, or a Bluetooth File Transfer update change, but after re-pairing with a friend's LG I can't browse her files like I did before. I swear to pastafarian's avatar that I could see the folders on her LG last month using the 'Remote Files' tab. I haven't tried re-pairing with The Wife's Moment or my bt headset yet. Hopefully no issues there.

Upvote 0
Nothing to get excited about this update. Three days after updating to DI06, I woke up this morning to find the phone sitting fat and happy with the Airplane Mode. Tried the usual methods to get it out of the mode, but none worked. Had to reboot.

I used WiFi quite a bit last night to download as well as stream music and didn't reboot thinking the fix would take care of the AM issue. How wrong I was:mad:

Upvote 0
OK, so my bluetooth problem was actually just that it lost the pairing. When my headset was new, it automatically paired the first time it was turned on, so I guess I didn't know how to force it to pair. Had to dig out the manual for that one. Can't blame Sprint this time.
Yep, actually finding my headset's manual was the hardest part of the re-pairing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones