• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Diablo 3

Wow! Are you a Monk as well? Did you get your weapon from the AH or in-game?

Nah, I'm a Barbarian, which is now level 54 (half way to 55). I bought my main hand spear off of the AH, but my off-hand I found.

I'm sure you already know this, but the Monk class only requires DEX + VIT. The game is pretty straight forward in the sense that certain classes only require specific stats to be upped. Wizard/WD = INT + VIT, Barbs = STR + VIT, Monk/DH = DEX + VIT.

You know what I'm just realizing, I haven't found any legendaries yet! NYCHitman, what Act/difficulty did you find yours?

I have found two legendary items, both of which were for Barbs. I guess we'll just chalk that up to dumb luck. I sold one of the legendary items for 85K, the other I still currently use, which is my gloves Tasker and Theo. I found both on 4P co-op Nightmare A3.

Upvote 0
Nah, I'm a Barbarian, which is now level 54 (half way to 55). I bought my main hand spear off of the AH, but my off-hand I found.

I'm sure you already know this, but the Monk class only requires DEX + VIT. The game is pretty straight forward in the sense that certain classes only require specific stats to be upped. Wizard/WD = INT + VIT, Barbs = STR + VIT, Monk/DH = DEX + VIT.
Indeed. :) Most of my items add to DEX. The stats aren't quite as simple as you say though, STR increases Armor and INT increases resistances. While DEX is obviously the primary stat for Monks, it's not smart to entirely eschew the others. Btw, I bought a new staff on the AH last night that upped my DPS over a thousand.

I have found two legendary items, both of which were for Barbs. I guess we'll just chalk that up to dumb luck. I sold one of the legendary items for 85K, the other I still currently use, which is my gloves Tasker and Theo. I found both on 4P co-op Nightmare A3.
Nice. I'm still looking for my first legendary, still A1 Nightmare.

Upvote 0
Indeed. :) Most of my items add to DEX. The stats aren't quite as simple as you say though, STR increases Armor and INT increases resistances. While DEX is obviously the primary stat for Monks, it's not smart to entirely eschew the others. Btw, I bought a new staff on the AH last night that upped my DPS over a thousand.

Nice. I'm still looking for my first legendary, still A1 Nightmare.

You can worry about resistances once you get to Inferno. You won't need it from Normal-Hell.

Upvote 0
I bought D3 a few days ago. I played it most of the day today. My Monk is now level 24. I wasnt very impressed with the game at first, but now that im fighting massive packs of mobs, its much funner. The boss fights are more WoW-style, as opposed to D2 style where you just bash them.

The skill system is different. It lacks character customization, but i can switch skills for different fights if i choose to, allowing me to solo more content than in D2.

Honestly i would rather have had another Diablo 2 expansion, and have D2 cleaned up to how it was on patch .09. Im not impressed with the 3D graphics. I like D2 style. Add a few more Diablo 2 characters, more acts and difficulties, and im a happy player. D2 remains my favorite game of all time.

But i do recommend this game.

Upvote 0
I bought D3 a few days ago. I played it most of the day today. My Monk is now level 24. I wasnt very impressed with the game at first, but now that im fighting massive packs of mobs, its much funner. The boss fights are more WoW-style, as opposed to D2 style where you just bash them.

The skill system is different. It lacks character customization, but i can switch skills for different fights if i choose to, allowing me to solo more content than in D2.

Honestly i would rather have had another Diablo 2 expansion, and have D2 cleaned up to how it was on patch .09. Im not impressed with the 3D graphics. I like D2 style. Add a few more Diablo 2 characters, more acts and difficulties, and im a happy player. D2 remains my favorite game of all time.

But i do recommend this game.

The only bosses that really require any strategy are act bosses, which are only four
(The Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, and Diablo)
. The rest can be ground and pounded. The game is tons of fun, especially if you play with friends.

Upvote 0
My biggest complaint is the difficulty. Normal mode is super easy, to the point of being dull, in my opinion. Now, I wouldn't normally mind that at all, except you cannot choose your difficulty level in this game. You have to play through on the easy difficulty first,meaning you need to put in a decent chunk of time before there is any challenge. That would be bad enough, but from what I gather, you must start on normal mode for each new character, meaning that I will never get to try the other classes unless I can bring myself to get through normal again.

Upvote 0
The only bosses that really require any strategy are act bosses, which are only four: <redacted>. The rest can be ground and pounded. The game is tons of fun, especially if you play with friends.
Any particular reason you're spoiling the names of the bosses? You may wish to go back and edit your post.

On an unrelated note, has everyone seen the plans for Patch 1.0.3?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog

- changing Inferno drop rates
- upping power of Legendary items
- lowering difficulty of Co-op mode
- adjusting Inferno difficulty
- upping item repair costs for Level 60 characters
- reducing effectiveness of Increased Attack Speed
- reducing Artisan training costs; also, reducing gem combine costs from 3 gems to 2

Interestingly, the one that really stuck out to me over all the others was the last one. I'm not sure what to think about the gem combine reduction. It's been 3 gems to combine up since the very beginning. This is a pretty big deal.

Upvote 0
Any particular reason you're spoiling the names of the bosses? You may wish to go back and edit your post.

On an unrelated note, has everyone seen the plans for Patch 1.0.3?
Patch 1.0.3 Design Preview - Diablo III

- changing Inferno drop rates
- upping power of Legendary items
- lowering difficulty of Co-op mode
- adjusting Inferno difficulty
- upping item repair costs for Level 60 characters
- reducing effectiveness of Increased Attack Speed
- reducing Artisan training costs; also, reducing gem combine costs from 3 gems to 2

Interestingly, the one that really stuck out to me over all the others was the last one. I'm not sure what to think about the gem combine reduction. It's been 3 gems to combine up since the very beginning. This is a pretty big deal.

I honestly didn't think that it was a spoiler. It's not as if I told you what occurs prior/post fight. Stating names is only obvious, especially when it is listed all across the game even without fully logging in.

In any event, I am excited to see any changes to legendary items. Some of them are extremely worthless and should not be (for obvious reasons).

Upvote 0
I honestly didn't think that it was a spoiler. It's not as if I told you what occurs prior/post fight. Stating names is only obvious, especially when it is listed all across the game even without fully logging in.
Well, be that as it may, we have a few people in the thread who have stated that they don't even have the game yet. I know when I have yet to get a game, I want to know as little about the plot as possible and take precautions to avoid spoilers.

Upvote 0
Well, be that as it may, we have a few people in the thread who have stated that they don't even have the game yet. I know when I have yet to get a game, I want to know as little about the plot as possible and take precautions to avoid spoilers.

My point was that if you've played any of the previous Diablo games, which you should have, you would already know all the names that I listed. Nobody should be jumping into D3 without having played the first two.

Again, names are not spoilers.

Upvote 0
My point was that if you've played any of the previous Diablo games, which you should have, you would already know all the names that I listed. Nobody should be jumping into D3 without having played the first two.

Again, names are not spoilers.
I happen to know several people who have successfully jumped into D3 without playing the first two. Why is that such a big deal?

And considering how drastically the plot changes late in the game, I think the name of one of the bosses could indeed be a spoiler to what happens.

I feel like the thread has gotten a bit hostile, which I certainly did not intend, I'm just trying to keep the plot elements out of the discussion, to spare the people who haven't purchased the game yet.

Upvote 0
Anyone have thoughts on the changes from Patch 1.0.3?

The concept of the real-money auction house is pretty nuts - apparently people are paying hundreds of dollars for top-shelf items! Almost makes me want to play full time and forget about a job. :p

You would be surprised. I know someone who has not done anything with his life since we graduated from high school ages ago, but has found various little ways of making money via the Internet. Now with the release of the USD D3 auction house, he has been raking in the money because all he does is sit at home and farm gear to sell. The last I heard, he had just sold a legendary item for $125. I have no idea why ANYONE would pay real money for a virtual item.

Upvote 0
I have no idea why ANYONE would pay real money for a virtual item.
Definitely agreed. I'm not paying a red cent more for this game than the $60 I already shelled out.

By the way, you never answered my earlier query - why should people have to play the first two games before playing this one? I was a D2 fanatic in high school, but I never played the first one. Should I be disqualified? :p

Upvote 0
Definitely agreed. I'm not paying a red cent more for this game than the $60 I already shelled out.

By the way, you never answered my earlier query - why should people have to play the first two games before playing this one? I was a D2 fanatic in high school, but I never played the first one. Should I be disqualified? :p

I must have missed it. My mistake. Haven't been on much around here lately. It's all about the storyline. That's why I said it would be stupid to jump right into D3. If you played D2, you at least should know everything about where D3 was headed, and that includes all the bosses you would eventually face.

d2 was better, although cow world was pretty funny.

Loved me some hell cows runs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones