1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Diablo III

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Yesevil, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Yesevil

Yesevil Android Enthusiast

Hi all,

I know I'm a little behind, but just wondered if anyone has played or owns Diablo III.

I'm looking for something similar to Skyrim for my PS4 and Diablo seems to fit the bill but im not sure.

Is this game comparable to Skyrim?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Italo

Italo Android Enthusiast

I don't have Diablo III, but I've played similar games (Torchlight II, Path of Exile). Diablo style games are kind of their own thing. You won't have the open world exploration, NPC interaction, or open questing structure, like in Elder Scrolls games. They control differently. On PC the Elder Scrolls games are in first person and movement uses WASD while the mouse controls the camera, like an FPS. With Diablo style games the camera is overhead; you move by clicking, and aim your abilities with the mouse as well. I think on console you move with left stick,and the camera is fixed. Point is, it's a different style of ARPG. It's combat heavy, fast paced, class based, and emphasis is placed on loot drops from enemies. Comparatively, Skyrim is slow and methodical, more open ended, and less constrictive of classes. You might like it. You can see what the game play looks like in this review I found.

3. RunJumpFall

RunJumpFall Newbie

Hi, Diablo and Skyrim are 2 completely different game genres.
    What exactly are you going after ?
    Diablo 3 is a great coop/multiplayer game with 5 hero classes to choose from.

Skyrim is more of an open world rpg.

If you want something like Skyrim maybe check shadow of mordor.

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Dragon Age: Inquisition is probably the closest thing to Skyrim IMHO

But yeah Diablo III is great fun but a totally different kind of gameplay and story.