• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Diagnosing Battery Drain

alhenderson

Nov 16, 2010
Northampton, UK
When I first got my Moto X a few months back, the battery life was (relatively) good - I could go from 7am to 10pm easily and still have some charge left. However, in the last couple of weeks it's been going into battery save mode around 4 - 5 pm. I've checked the battery usage stats and it says that Android OS is top of the list (often around 18%).

It *seems* to have started around the same time I got a Moto 360 so I wondered if interaction with that was causing it. The Android Wear app is not showing as using a lot of battery on the phone, but it did occur to me that the introduction of the 360 may be causing more Bluetooth usage and, hence, battery drain.

Is there any better way of diagnosing the battery usage than with the Android Battery Usage list? I have downloaded GSam Battery Monitor but it doesn't seem to offer much more.

Cheers,
Al.

Did you Wipe Cache Partition deleting all temporary data and not touching permanent data, or installed apps? This has been known to correct almost all performance and battery drain issues.

... Thom
Well, I'm sitting here at 3pm with 52% battery left, which is an awful lot better than its been for a while now, more like what it used to be. Looks like that did the trick - thanks very much for the hint, I'd have been scratching around for weeks or months otherwise!

Al.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones