1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dial Up on My Cruz Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by AndroidJunkie1, Dec 29, 2011.

1. AndroidJunkie1

Hi I have a Velocity Cruz T103 and I was wondering if its possible (without tethering) to run a dial up connection through some simple accessories. My plan was to grab a usb dial up modem, a male to female connection and then run the tablets' usb data cable through to connect everything together. However Im not much of a techie when it comes to this and I dont want to waste the money if it was doomed before i started from the get go. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated as Im pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get dial up through this tablet.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast

Someone else had this question in androidforums once and we found this thing:
    Amazon.com: Always On Wireless WDB20B WiFlyer Wireless Access Point: Electronics

It's a wifi router with built in modem that can connect to dialup service and share the connection over wifi.

Should be lots easier than fooling with any usb modem if that's even possible on android. (I have no clue) Plus this way lets your laptop and other wifi things you have connect to the internet at the same time. (but I guess if you found a way to use a usb modem you could possibly turn on hotspot and share the dialup from the tablet)

3. greatarbor

greatarbor Lurker

The company that produced the WiFlyer went out of business many years ago. However more contemporary 802.11n/g/b WiFi Dial Up routers are being manufactured by Great Arbor Communications. You can google for the GAC-152 WiFi Dial Up Router