1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dialer apps I have tried are no good !!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Sn00ker147155, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Sn00ker147155

Sn00ker147155 Lurker

I am not trying to be picky, but I have installed a few dialer apps, which work fine until you want to dial from contacts, some access my default phone contact app, some try there own

It just seems such a shame that people develop these apps but do not finish them off properly, I like the old fashioned dial type phone apps with the old circular rotating dial with numbers, but all it does when you go to contacts is dial the number, no way of deleting or editing the contacts properly, and if it uses the default phone contacts then when you edit a contact the old default phone key pad gets displayed for a few seconds ?

Just want an app which does not use anything to do with the old default phone and works smoothly with all the things on it you would expect it to do, can you actually un-install the original dialer on the htc one s or not, and install other dialer apps which are pre-installed on other android phones ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Go Contacts and Touchpal dialer all have their own Contact and Dialer apps, so you don't have to access your default contact apps. Basically this is because the Contact App on HTC Sense is connected to the default dialer. No way around it unless you use a different contact app as well.

3. Sn00ker147155

Sn00ker147155 Lurker

I don't like my current default dialer because where the dial pad is displayed contacts above it are displayed also which can not be customised, surely it looks better to just have the keypad and then when you click on contacts can call from there directly with full edit features, including taping on a picture and displaying the picture when someone calls etc

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

As I said, just use another contacts app as well.

5. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

xPhone works very well for me on my HTC Amaze will (unfortunately) Sense 3.6.