• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dialer auto shutdown after call.

Gumby217

Lurker
Jan 16, 2018
Does anyone know if there is a simple replacement dialer/phone app for the default Google one that simply closes the dialer app down after a phone call? I know there has been a request for this feature from Google...but it appears no one is listening. I would simply like an option to automatically shut the application down after making a call. I have accidentally dialed a few times because the "favorites" screen stays up and clicking anywhere on the screen will dial someone.

Seems like a pretty basic request. I have tried a number of phone and/or dialer replacement, but most do not seem to have this feature. Drupe supported this...but it drastically changes how a simple dialer should work.

Any simple Android dialer replacements that are similar to base app...but lets me choose to close the application after making the call?

Thanks.
-Mike-

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones