• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root dialer included with the roms

flair14

Lurker
Nov 18, 2016
I have been toying around with using a tablet/data only plan on my phone for the past 6 months. Up until now, I have been using my nexus 5 until it died yesterday. I will now be using my F6 going forward until I can stomach buying a new phone.

The good thing about the nexus was that the stock dialer had SIP built into it. This worked great for connectivity to my car's head unit. All the SIP clients I can find on the playstore don't give me the same functionality as google's stock dialer. Apparently, this dialer is only found in nexus phones...

Before I go testing the waters with the many available F6 roms out there, does anyone know if the dialer included with roms is similar to the nexus, in that it includes stock SIP functionality?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones