1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Dialer One Call Log Display

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by UncleMike, Jun 5, 2010.

1. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    I've been using Dialer One for several months and really like the grouped call log display. Until recently, when I selected the missed call notification, I would get the call log displayed in Dialer One. Sometime recently this changed, and I now get the native call log, and pressing the Back button closes the native call log and displays the call log in Dialer One.

At first I thought that something screwed up my defaults, and I tried to clear the defaults for the offending app. But I couldn't find anything obvious that had any defaults to clear. So I uninstalled Dialer One and reinstalled. After purposely missing a call, I selected the notification and got the familiar "Complete action using" dialog, where I could select Dialer One as the default, which I did. Much to my surprise, the behavior hasn't changed - I still get the native call log, which is followed by Dialer One after pressing the Back button.

Is this a problem with Dialer One? Is anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    I am not having this problem.

3. davidyip

davidyip New Member

Jul 6, 2010
    I got the same problem on my Nexus One after upgrading to android 2.2.

4. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    It appears that the only way to clear a missed call notification is by displaying the call log using the native app. I'm not 100% sure that Dialer One ever didn't behave this way, but I guess few people consider it a problem.