1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dialer with Call blocking ability built in?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by robdam1001, Dec 29, 2013.

1. robdam1001

robdam1001 Well-Known Member

Any dialer available that would allow me to block a number from within the dialer?

Samsung Galaxy S4 GPE KitKat 4.4

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

I don't know of any dialer that does, but BlackList does a pretty nice job.

robdam1001 likes this.
  3. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Android Enthusiast

"RocketDial Dialler & Contacts Pro" is the one I use which allows you to block contacts, and I'm pretty sure when I was searching for diallers the first time I did ages ago the rest of the diallers I passed had the call blocking feature included in them.

4. robdam1001

I had used rocket dialer and liked it, thanks for recommending. Unfortunately, rocket dialer is not compatible with "Executive Assistant" which is my go to app.

5. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

I want to say that both CallApp and Current Caller ID let you block calls from the incoming call screen, but I'm not 100% sure. It's been quite some time since I've used either.

Alternatively, a sort-of call blocking is built in to the stock Dialer/Contacts app. You can add unwanted incoming call numbers to a single contact name (I like "Blocked" - nice and simple), and then modify that contact to Set Ringtone (to nothing) and optionally forward all calls directly to voicemail.

6. robdam1001

CallApp and Current Caller ID both look good, thanks for the recommendation. How many #'s can I add to a single "Blocked" contact?

7. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

I can't find a solid number on what the max is, but I used this native blocking method for a while without running into a cap. And if you do, you can always create a "Blocked 2" contact.

robdam1001 likes this.