1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dialing from within an email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by politzer, Jan 24, 2012.

1. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member

I guess the terms is dialing strings. I'm finding that what worked really well in BB, i.e. dialing a phone number from within an email, doesn't with ICS. Am I missing something here? I can highlight the string, but it doesn't give me the option to dial it, only to copy and paste.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member

It works fine in the gmail app, regardless of how the number is typed.

I.e. xxxxxxxxxx, or xxx-xxx-xxxx, or xxx.xxx.xxxx

Don't know about any other email apps.

3. SecondShot

SecondShot Android Enthusiast

I have noticed that it struggles with my Touchdown email app. haven't tried native email.

4. batwings1

batwings1 Well-Known Member

In the native email app, I just tap the number and it brings it up in the dialer app. I push the phone button from there and it calls the number.

5. WMuellner

WMuellner Lurker

This works with "simple" phone number, unfortunately I very often have to use additional codes which have to be sent AFTER dialling the phone number, like specific conference call codes, which are delimited by the '#' character and must wait for a short time (using the 'pause' codes like the ',' character.

Such combined strings look like this: <phone number>,,<special authentication code>#
    These type of strings cannot be used directly from mail or calendar entries, because they are split at the point of ',' or '#' charcters...

Is there any solution for that? I know Blackberrys can do that...
    WM

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews