• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help dialpad doesn't work during call

My hero, I was about to post the same thing. Even more strangely, it used to work fine when i first got the phone. I've used it previously to navigate onto conference call calls etc. It now seems like the screen is locked during the call even though it looks like it can be touched.

My theory is that it might be to do with an app I installed that fiddles with screen locking (Lock 2.0) not clearing out properly. I've uninstalled it now, but its still an issue. Have you installed that?

Dom

i7500/O2/1.5/H6

Upvote 0
No i never installed that. So it's not that. I've no idea what it could be. Previously i used it (the dialpad) once to delete a message from voicemail - but i had issues registering presses, thought i just had a greasy finger or something.

Now though the grey tab doesnt register, and if i bring it up via softkey options, the screen doesnt register anything - have to "exit" the phone with the home button.

It's annoying, but not a showstopper. I'm going to wait until i next update my phone and see if it's fixed. If not then i'll start to look into contact samsung or something.

I'll keep hunting the internet though!

Upvote 0
Hi all,
Just had some time to mess about with the phone, was clearing a bit of space on the screen,got rid of autosync and wifi, on/off toggles as I now use the Switchers app from Samsung.I used the force stop command in Manage Aplications on Switchers app to set everything to zero (a thourght of my own),do not know if it has significance but since then my dialpad is up and working again:D Hope this is of some help

Upvote 0
I just tested this (running II5 as of last night) and dialed 901 for voicemail, listened to a message, moved the phone away from my ear, waited a short time for the screen to unlock from black, screen unlocked, I slid the little dialpad grey button thing up and pressed 3 to delete the voicemail. Basically this all works fine for me. It worked exactly the same when I had the old firmware too (IH6).

Upvote 0
I think the task is hanging. It'll be something related to your contacts or dial codes in your country or something wierd like that. That's why some of you have it and others dont. Bottom line is its a bug and you shouldnt have to kill the task. Lets hope its fixed soon!

hey KAM welcome back
how was your holliday?hope you enjoyed it and ready to come back to hard work of Samsung Galaxy issues world :) you made me decide to go for galaxy and i dont regret it for a minute and actually im thankful that you made me decide. i love the phone just battery is killing me but i and others found that Samsung case is draining the battery so for few days im managing to get 2 days from full charge. im still on H8 firmware though.
i remember before holiday you said when you come back you want to see some changes but i guess nothing changed here,lol.
just wanted to say welcome back

Upvote 0
Hehe thanks. When i get time i think i'll start looking at how we can start integrating some of the android 1.6 stuff into the images. I've just managed to compile the kernel after alot of messing about with the arm toolchain :)

So are you saying the case presses the lock or camera button and that wakes the phone up? Maybe we could disable those buttons and use the ones on the front instead for unlock.

PS. it was work, then a holiday treking in the himalayas!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones