1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Dialpad issues

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Questkev, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Questkev

Questkev Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    I have an Android phone, its having the classic dialpad issue, where if while in a call if I go to enter in say my voicemail password, I can press the button, but nothing will occur. Its an Huawei Ascend 2.2 (stock upgrade) I didn't post this there, because after hours of searching, I have found out that it affects numerous phones varying between makes and models.

I was just wondering if there is a fix for this, not a bandaid.....

Advertisement

2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    Sometimes I will have this problem if I send the phone app to the background(hit home, back, whatever), then do something else, then try to pull it up again. For me, it is solved by pulling down the notification bar, and opening the phone app from there (clicking on the same line as the red call end button). But HTCs are totally different phones, not sure if that would help.

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    you say this affects multiple phones and models? Strange, never had this issue on any of my Android phones.

4. Questkev

Questkev Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    just by searching I have seen topics posted about the Hero, the Evo, the incredible, the Droid, the Ascend (this one), etc. To me thats different makes and modles of phones. None of them were recent topics.

I have never had it affect my phone, but i have my girls phone here in my store with this problem. I even did a factory reset, and still has the problem. After doing some research, it seems when you key in a number during a phone call it uses DTMF tones, and well, it seems there are no settings to change anything associated with this issue. upon further research, the reason why most people can do a FC on Dialer and Dialer Data, and get it to work, is because the Dialer actually figures out what button you press, and the plays the corresponding DTMF associated with that button, and doing the FC actually allows the phone to restart the app, and Voila it works. To me this is a bandaid. A fix that works, but not a true fix.