• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dictionary.com Why do I need the internet?

Nuxtux

Sep 12, 2010
So I have had an Ipod touch before and I'm somewhat regrading getting an android for the lack of apps. The battery life isn't that great neither vs from what I gotten with my Ipod but thats another story. The only thing I want is the Dictionary to work... I love Dictionary.com Thesaurus it works great, on the ipod as I can use it offline, it only needs online to do spell checking, with the Android I need it to be online to do simple things as just checking definitions. Not sure how this small app does it on an Ipod but it works great.

What I like about android is the amount of freedom you get. The ability to turn things off and the way the UI is laid out. The big widgets.

So I would like to know. Is there some way of getting the full dictionary without having to be connected to the internet?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones