1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Did a factory reset missing app's on sd?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by {LCD}Stelios, Feb 2, 2011.

1. {LCD}Stelios

{LCD}Stelios Newbie

As in title, I thought that my app's that were installed on the sd card would be okay after a factory reset?
    All my app's are gone, there are still some files from each app' in .android_secure
    are these just orphaned files or are these my app's but I have to do some thing to get them to work?:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gardium

Gardium Well-Known Member

When you factory reset, it's like reinstalling Windows on your computer with an external disk. Your installed programs will be gone from the system (meanins windows won't know they are programs, and shouldn't be able to start them up normally), but files from the programs might be stored in the external disk.

If I don't remember wrong, you were the one having some sort of problem connecting to the computer? I posted another thread about apps in a restored phone.

If you installed your apps with an APK file (meaning you downloaded the program to your computer first), you have to reinstall the program from your PC like you did the first time. If you installed your apps from the market, you should be able to find them there again under "my apps", and redownload them all for free (also the paid apps, provided you enter the same google account into the setup). Hopefully, the programs will find their "storage" files in the SD card and be smart enough to incorporate them, but I have no guarantees, as this is up to the developer of the program itself to make possible.

Good luck :D

{LCD}Stelios likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews