• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did anyone else have a hard time getting their giftcard from radio shack?

Jogi

May 17, 2010
Ohio
I went in yesterday morning to get my phone on pre order. They had a hard time ringing it up on their system to get the $30 gift card to show up. The manager made a call and told me it was a known issue and it would be taken care of. I was there for an hour or so and he still could not figure it out. He was actually kind of pissed lol. He said he will call me and that I would get my $30 gift card. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else.

I bought mine on upgrade. I tried to have him just take $30 off the phone but no dice lol. I didn't really care about not getting the gift card release day beacuse they had NO accessories for it. I was able to use the $10 coupon I got for doing the survey towards the purchase of the phone, so that was kind of cool.

Upvote 0
I must have spent at least an hour in Radio Shack trying to get my upgrade. The store manager never did get the gift card information to process through their system and she couldn't reach any of the regular support staff because it was Sunday. She told me to come back in a day or two, talk to her and she would make sure I received my $30 gift card. I 'm stopping by on my way to work tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I didn't get my $30 gift card either - they claimed it was for new service or upgrades only - not for off-contract buyers. Like someone else said, seems like they make up the rules as they go along. I will never buy another phone from RS again.

Btw, they had NO Inspire accessories at my RS and the largest sd card was only 8gb. Phfffttt... so there was nothing that I wanted anyways. Although they put a bunch of Evo accessories next to the Inspire display... wondering if they were trying to trick people or if they are really that stupid...

Edit: One more thing, I didn't get a call on 2/13 to let me know that my pre-order came in (even though I knew it was the 13th and had been counting the days, lol). So they called me on MONDAY to let me know my pre-order came in, lol... duh... I already got it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones