1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

did anyone just get a software update text from sprint?...is this for cl14?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

yes i was updated the first week via the store....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

thanks all...i guess they dont have a clue who they are texting given that I already updated and i got the text and there are folks who arnt updated who didnt get it. i hope the 2.xx update process is smoother. btw...if anybody is still having issues trying emailing the president of the company. i actually did this when i was having issues with the store update and general sprint professionalism and i got someone at corp to get the store on the ball and get the update done for me ASAP, and done correctly. see you all at 2.xx d-day.

3. 9Nails

9Nails Member

I think that you have to take the phone to a Sprint Repair Center - not just a retail storefront. But it sounds like your store is willing to help. My retail store was willing to help too, but they didn't have the update at the time I went in to them. And the Repair Center wasn't able to get it done either. (There was some issues when the update first released.) So I did the update myself.

4. pickup1

pickup1 Member

cool,that helps alot!

5. pickup1

pickup1 Member

does anyone know if the update has anything to do with wi-fi?sometimes i cant get mine to connect!

6. chixdigit

chixdigit Member

I just wanted to report that I did this update today, and I now have CL14 (and all the advertised benefits) on my phone!

Heads up that althogh I was able to get it done, I did have a few hiccups that I wanted to warn about..

1) After the new drivers were supposedly downloaded, and the "next" button was supposed to come up, nothing happened. Everything just kinda froze up.. I unplugged the phone, took out the battery then put it back in again, and re-plugged it in again. This time, my computer would not recognize my phone as a valid USB device!! SHOOT!! Repeated steps above again, and this time no message, but NOTHING! SHOOT!! I thought for sure that I had bricked my phone! Repeated steps again one more time, and this time the phone was recognized and "connected..

2) Finally got to the part where I hit "start download", and THAT froze up! Status bar didn't even start...
    I repeated the steps above again, re-started the "SW Upgrade" program, and just kept pressing "Next" till I got to where you push "start download".
    This time the download started and the rest worked just fine!

*Overall, I am very happy with the enhancements so far.
    *AGPS is MUCH faster, but it still wasn't very close to where I actually am..
    *I used My Backup to back everything up before I did the update. In case anyone gets a little confused like I was, once the update is completed, go to the market, re-download that app first, and use the "restore" feature. That will restore all your apps and data.
    You WILL still need to re-do a lot of customization, but I think the enhancements were worth it.

GOOD LUCK! and don't panic if you run into the glitches like I did..

Oh yeah- I forgot to mention that I did NOT get any text messages from about this update.. Losers.. Much thanks to craigpicc for posting this thread!
    Josh

7. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Android Expert

Soo... I just now got the text.:thinking: wth is going on?

8. ydoucare

ydoucare Newbie

lol same here, just CL14, which I already have.

9. SirCheese

SirCheese Well-Known Member

Me too

10. Yes I got the text today also. My phone was upgraded at the sprint store when it first came out.

11. af71731

af71731 Lurker

Help! This is the biggest thread that I've found on the update topic, especially the glitches mentioned. I have run into a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I finally manage to get all the way to the download screen, but when I click the download button it displays a message "e - dll cannot open the usb serial port. code: 87" Luckily the phone worked fine after I restarted it, just the way it was before, but I am unable to update it. I am running Windows Vista. If anyone could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

12. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Android Enthusiast

I got it today too, but I'm running one of Zeffies kernels and I haven't really read up on if I should try and take advantage of it or not. I just may do nothing until 2.1 is out and then flash back to stock, update, and see what happens.

13. Prince Muzic

Prince Muzic Newbie

got the text today at 5 sumthin. figure i'll do the update on my own this weekend or take it in to the store and have them do it for me 'cause i'm a bit to lazy... :) oh and bt dubs, thnks for the tip on mybackup.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

14. GodCountryND

GodCountryND Member

Lol I got it today and my phone was updated at a store like 2 days after it came out.

15. amberb53

amberb53 Member

I got it today too and I'm updated as well!

16. wolfe

wolfe Lurker

just got the update notice this afternoon - and I updated mine the first day at the sprint store -

17. joek71

joek71 Well-Known Member

18. joek71

joek71 Well-Known Member

i didnt update yet, this is my wifes phone i would like to know if this is OS 2.1?

19. godsdragon

godsdragon Android Enthusiast

I just checked my messages. Yup I got one... woo hoo!:D

20. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member

Yup just got mine now at 7:20pm, and my had the update before I purchased cause I had known about the update from this awesome site! So I had them show me CJ14...Is there anything we should do with this text? Thanks!:thinking:

21. n8man1068

n8man1068 Newbie

Same issue.
    I'm running Win7 x64

22. Woody4OU

Woody4OU Member

I got the text,

hit the link,

then my phone spun around like a top, flashed like a fourth of july sparkler and warped out of this time like micheal j fox's deloren.

I'm certain wherever it is...it is still dropping calls.

23. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert

I just got the text today at 3pm.

Text reads:

SprintFreeMsg: Important software update required for your Samsung Moment. View instructions at www.sprint.com/momentupdate

24. swandive

swandive Lurker

I also got the text.

25. Alright.. from the sources i have gotten info from (various different snips from different people and websites).. There WILL NOT be a 2.1 upgrade from cj05... It isn't possible due primarily to the SBL and the lack of recovery in CJ05... Sprint is getting everyone with a samsung moment to cl14 because cl14 includes a recovery kernel and module in bml8 and the sbl (in bml2) allows primary booting out of bml8.. thus allowing the kernel to be flashed when injected with samsung's Locktight proprietary script (this is the only method to EVER get an OTA update if possible.. but idk if they will do a 150+ mb file OTA.. would hurt the network data in different areas, especially high population areas)... This is a preemptive plan that will hopefully decrease the amount of "problem people" they have when 2.1 roles out in a month or two (we hope that time frame or sooner).. They are giving us more then 1 week notice (the amount of time they gave us for cl14) so be happy...

Samsung Moment Forum

The Samsung Moment release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1440mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews