1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root did anyone keep root after the newest update??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dee1981, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Dee1981

Dee1981 Newbie

Hi everyone just wondering before I take the plunge on the newest update. was anyone able to keep root ? what steps did you take ? Don't wanna loose my free tether that's what I used it for :D

Advertisement

2. Methos1979

Methos1979 Android Enthusiast

I did not keep root because I was not paying attention and so lost root. I thought I was canceling the update but since I was half asleep and didn't have my glasses on I apparently hit to install instead. So now I'm wondering how to get back root - or maybe just do a full factor data reset and start from scratch. Any info on my issue appreciated.

I believe to keep root you have to download Voodoo root keeper, or something like that. I wish I had done thing ahead of time!

3. camphill

camphill Well-Known Member

I kept root. I used Voodoo OTA. Protected root, then Temp Un-Root. Accepted the OTA and after the reboot went to Voodoo and Re-rooted. Tested against Root Checker and various apps that use root and all is working.

PathToEternity likes this.
  4. Lars

Lars Android Expert

Voodoo as well. I also unlocked the BL though

5. Far as I can tell this method has worked for me.

6. Dee1981

Dee1981 Newbie

did you guys unlock the BL or just used root keeper ??

excuse my ignorance I just don't want to loose the root and don't want to unlock the BL especially if the phone spazes out on me . :D