1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Did anyone notice IMAP path prefix is missing from HTC mail app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tagta3, Oct 13, 2009.

1. tagta3

tagta3 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    IMAP path prefix is missing in the HTC mail app when setting up a new email account so basically you can't set up your IMAP mail properly.

Advertisement

2. edkearns

edkearns New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Yes, I noticed! (I just started with my Eric/Android in the last few days). No responses to this post? If anyone has advice on how to proceed, it would be greatly appreciated. I see from other web searches that the IMAP Path has been a problem as long as a year ago, but it seems to be fixed in other implementations. Is it just the HTC version that still has this problem?

3. ajg23

ajg23 New Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Yep, the normal Android mail program works (I helped set up someone on Droid), but not the HTC program (and this is the Evo so latest version) :(

I just posted: http://androidforums.com/support-tr...root-path-obstacle-many-users.html#post927724

4. phredx

phredx New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    This is particularly frustrating. I'm surprised that a platform consideration essentially forces acquisition of a third-party app for something as basic as email to work correctly. Really surprising that standard behavior isn't available out of the box.

5. Illywhacker

Illywhacker New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Thank you: you made me smile, although through gritted teeth :):

'Staggeringly incompetent' is a less generous, but more accurate, description of HTC.

Illywhacker;

Tags: