1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Did Froyo brick my texting?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by razrsharp67, Sep 3, 2010.

1. razrsharp67

razrsharp67 Lurker

May 2, 2010
    So I'm on the Droid Incredible by Verizon. Today I just got the OTA for Froyo. I upgrade to Froyo, and suddenly, tons of memory warnings pop up. I can't text, I can't downloads apps, nothing. Now, I could do all these activities merely hours ago. But Froyo pops up, and now I can't. I go through and delete several apps, and THOUSANDS of texts. Previously, I had 6000+ on my phone, but I really hit it hard and remove plenty. Still nothing. I connect the phone to DoubleTwist, and it tells me only 202mb of a possible 6.66gb are being used. Huh? What am I missing? All these activities worked just fine in Eclair. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this is in the wrong location, I would be happy to change it. (New here.)

Specifically, the message that pops up when I hit a contact is "Unable to manage your messages because your storage is full. Please delete content from other applications to make more space."

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    Moved to the DInc section so that the other users can better assist you!

razrsharp67 likes this.
  3. razrsharp67

razrsharp67 Lurker

May 2, 2010
    Thanks a bunch! I was worried it was in the wrong location.

4. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Guest

Do you use the HTC Mail app? A number of users have suffered from a memory leak within that application. I'm not sure how to remedy that, but try searching the Incredible subforum.

Other things you might want to try:
    Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications. Hit menu and sort by size. Go through some of the larger apps, as well as Internet and HTC Mail, and clear the cache.

Install the SystemPanel App (SystemPanelLite Task Manager - Android app on AppBrain), and look to see how much space Applications are taking up. Applications aren't placed on your SD Card or the 8gb of built in internal memory; you actually have significantly less space available for them. If there's an app you don't use often that's taking up a lot of space, you can end that.

If the issue persists, take it to Verizon and ask them for help (AFTER BACKING UP), or if oyu can handle it, do a factory wipe and start over.

razrsharp67 likes this.
  5. razrsharp67

razrsharp67 Lurker

May 2, 2010
    Trying that, it appears Facebook for HTC Sense is taking up 53.04MB and com.htc.socialnetwork.prov (cut off) is taking up 23.93MB. I don't think I want to clear the data on these right? Any suggestions?

6. igore290

igore290 Lurker

Dec 24, 2010
    If you clear your htc sense cache you're gonna have to reset all the homescreens n stuff like that...I also saw TweetPad's preferences get erased by this...oddly enough