• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Did HTC release the source code??

Oh thank goodness, hopefully the community sparks up so I can look into buying the design.

we've already successfully booted an aokp rom with working 3g messaging, calling. I'm trying to contribute a bit but kinda failing.. badly lol. i'll need to download this source code and get to tinkering, googling, followed by semi-educated tinkering, then repeating the process :p.

Upvote 0
we've already successfully booted an aokp rom with working 3g messaging, calling. I'm trying to contribute a bit but kinda failing.. badly lol. i'll need to download this source code and get to tinkering, googling, followed by semi-educated tinkering, then repeating the process :p.

Oh thats cool wasn't aware that had anything to do with having the source code, but I know very little lol:) Gogogo Hope to see some nice mods soon, I am hopeing for Overclocking/undervolt and underclocking ablity also soon!

Upvote 0

I believe we need the source code to avoid most issues with roms such as wifi or camera not working ? Although we have some activity, an open source should ramp things up :D I'm not into coding, I find it boring. But hopefully I can get started on many themes once roms built from the source code kick in.

I hope its not too radically different .. the sprint and boost version. They are both on android 4.0 so it should be fine.

At least you contributing something man ! this stuff is pretty damn complicated :p well, so says me who knows nothing more but simple html and css coding.

Upvote 0
That would be the kernel source and get a few people together to make something happen? More like already getting there :p Overclock to 1.8 and undervolt is finished as I am typing this. So um lets see, first 5 to reply back and thank my post gets a link. How ever one thing to add to it, you need to be able to test 4g today.

Be warned I am not sure if wimax will work though, as it isn't building some of the stuff for it at the moment. Which is why I don't want to post it publicly yet.

Edit: Teaser....
Screenshot_2012-08-09-06-40-14.png
Screenshot_2012-08-09-06-41-49.png

Upvote 0
now this is great news for a flash-a-holic like myself....

That would be the kernel source and get a few people together to make something happen? More like already getting there :p Overclock to 1.8 and undervolt is finished as I am typing this. So um lets see, first 5 to reply back and thank my post gets a link. How ever one thing to add to it, you need to be able to test 4g today.

Be warned I am not sure if wimax will work though, as it isn't building some of the stuff for it at the moment. Which is why I don't want to post it publicly yet.

Reactions: grad061980
Upvote 0

Bump. Looking for a 2 more testers.

Upvote 0

this is great! the last two months have brought some major changes for the design. i'm always willing to help out :)

Reactions: grad061980
Upvote 0
Not bad ehh? Kingdom-FastKernel-Ics_v2 - Downloads - 2FastRoms Overclock to 1.92, Undervolted, Wimax undervolted, Mmc undervolted, Wifi undervolted, disabled notification led timeout, disabled some debugging and switched to slub. Thread will be made later.

I am curious you can under volt it and still run 700mhz over factory 1.2ghz? Must be a pretty good CPU, my last phone wouldnt overclock at all without constant jamming where mine has been running 1.9ghz and no problems. Must be some great hardware!

Would be cool to have a high battry life kernel like much more under volt at stock 1.2ghz speed.

Upvote 0
All the clocks aren't undervolted. From 1.3 ghz down it is undervolted below stock. 1.4 is 25mv's above stock. Up to 1.92 at 1450mv's which stock is 1200mv's. Voltages could be lowered some, how ever some phones may not run it.

What app can I use to view or modify the mv i am running at? I have voltage control but not the pro version so just can change the MHZ, does it automatically lower the voltage when lowering the mhz?
Would be cool to get 1.3ghz and better then stock battery life! (my sister has complained about battery life)

Thanks alot for this kernel its working great and alot faster!

Edit: Would SetCPU work with your Kernel? Looks really nice I may get it but want to know if it works with it.

Upvote 0
What app can I use to view or modify the mv i am running at? I have voltage control but not the pro version so just can change the MHZ, does it automatically lower the voltage when lowering the mhz?
Would be cool to get 1.3ghz and better then stock battery life! (my sister has complained about battery life)

Thanks alot for this kernel its working great and alot faster!

Edit: Would SetCPU work with your Kernel? Looks really nice I may get it but want to know if it works with it.

Vdd interface isn't in this yet, so you can't adjust voltages. Setcpu will work to overclock though. Also each clock uses different voltages like I said above.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones