1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Did I actually upgrade to ICS?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DemDog, Aug 16, 2012.

1. DemDog

DemDog Well-Known Member

I updated to ICS yesterday afternoon, or at least I thought I did. What makes me think things did not go too well is when I go into Settings > About Phone > Software Information. I find the following: Android Version 2.3.4 and Sense Version 3.5

I also went into Settings > Software Update > Status and saw this: Name: Rezound 3.14.065.12 71ORD then Status: Update Successful.

I don't really see any changes or loss of performance since I did the upgrade and based on what others have stated in other threads I should have something even very small go wrong with the upgrade.

Did try to see if I could get rid of some of the Verizon bloatware and that could not be done.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Sounds like you only got the first update (the prep one)... be patient and give it a couple days, the second part should come through and finish the upgrade soon.

3. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

Try manually checking for an update. If you get it, do a factory reset after.

4. DemDog

DemDog Well-Known Member

Problem solved. Called VZW tech support and a nice young guy helped me get the update installed. Seems that the battery has to be almost fully charged for the update to install. I was at like 70% when I began the update yesterday.

So I plugged the phone into a wall charger and what do ya know, the update installed. Took like 15 minutes but it is working. Now to play with it some to see what all I got.

Thanks for your help.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews