1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Did I actually wash my Eris? yep...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by firefamily5, May 30, 2010.

1. firefamily5

firefamily5 Lurker

First lesson - take phone out of pants pocket after a night at work.

Second lesson - If I ask my daughter to wash clothes, make sure I know where my phone is.

Yep, I washed my Eris. I took it apart, and put it in a bowl of rice. It didn't work last night, but this morning, it is working nicely. With a solid color screen, I can see the discoloration, but on a multi-colored background, it is un-noticable.

So far, all is working nicely...

oh yeah....last lesson....insurance might have been a good idea after all.

2. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

wow lucky thing it's still alive especially since you don't have insurance. I have two types of insurance. Rather be save than sorry.

3. Thedarksunlight

Thedarksunlight Well-Known Member

Sucks but at least its working

4. firefamily5

firefamily5 Lurker

what types of insurance is there?

All I'm familiar with is the Verizon one, with the purchase.

5. akillys

akillys Member

You can haber out on home owner insurance I believe or apparent renters insurance adhere all of your possessions are covered.

6. Thedarksunlight

Thedarksunlight Well-Known Member

Only insurance would be from the manufacturer, service provider, or 3rd party seller.

I didn't get the insurance either because I figure if it shits out ill get a refurbished one which is more cost effective

7. firefamily5

firefamily5 Lurker

Anyone have trouble with the refurbished ones?

8. nope, refurb. works great!

9. firefamily5

firefamily5 Lurker

UPDATE: volume increase button doesn't work....can still adjust volume through the settings button....what a pain! Can I just close my eyes and pretend I didn't do this?

10. pavirotten

pavirotten Android Enthusiast

I have my Eris in a holster to prevent my phone from ending up in the wash, someone else's hands, in the trash, et al.

11. Flyphoenix

I got my eris from bestbuy and verizon. And bestbuy insurance Verizon covers damage and best buy covers lost and stolen. So I got both. One was $7 and one was $9

12. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Android Enthusiast

AT least your daughter will do the clothes. If I ask mine to do that she thinks I'm speaking in a foreign language.

13. JimmyRayBob

JimmyRayBob Android Enthusiast

Flyphoenix ... i pay about the same amount ($16) per year, per phone thru my homeowners policy. damage, lost, stolen - you name it, i'm covered. No deductible either. you might want to give your insurance agent a call and see what he/she can offer.

14. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Android Expert

verizon (asurion) covers lost/stolen, physical or water damage, just about anything but you can only have two replacements

15. Flyphoenix

Yeah I know two replacements in one year.

16. Flyphoenix

Thanks for the idea. :D

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews