1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Did I break it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mister Bletch, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Mister Bletch

Mister Bletch Lurker

Hi there,

first post for me and my DHD is my first Android phone. It's on Orange but bought through dial-a-phone.

All was going well until...

Well, I'm not sure what (if anything) I have done but when I dial to make a call the screen goes blank and freezes. I have no in-call functions and even when the call has been ended by the other person I have to take out the battery and re-boot just to get the screen back again.

Then all is fine again, until I make another call and off we go again.

What gives? Could it be a virus? I've been happily downloading apps but making sure it's just the highly rated ones. As yet I don't have a virus scan/removal app, any suggestions for a good one?

I'm a paramedic so I'm out and about at work and I therefore need a mobile phone, and one that works preferably.

I am quite tech-happy but fairly inept so sorry to bombard you all with questions.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Mister Bletch likes this.
  3. tripmeup

tripmeup Guest

happens to me but quite infrequently...pressing the top power/wake button brings back the screen for me....

4. Mister Bletch

Mister Bletch Lurker

Perfect thanks! It took about 3 or 4 attempts to get my phone to recognise the update but once it had it went smoothly. If I touch the power button in-call I get the screen back now. However there seems to be a side effect, my soft keys now won't light up. Hmm

Ah, having had a wee look around I blew on the sensor & my soft keys lit up immediately. They've been working ever since.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews