1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Did I brick my ally.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EricHHR, Feb 12, 2011.

1. EricHHR

EricHHR Newbie

So I tried a program to put my ally back to stock and when I installed it it rebooted the phone and now its stuck at the loading screen, When I try to go into the recovery it just shows the little droid dude with the yellow symble. can the phone be recovered or should I bite the bullet smash it and use the insurance.

Advertisement

2. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

Do you have the sdk set up on your computer already?

If you can get into recovery, there's hope. It's a real brick only if you can not get into recovery, and get only a black screen.

3. dots

dots Android Expert

The pc can see the phone while it's bootlooping. That mean's you can setup/use adb and if you have fastboot access you can flash a recovery img. Also give a factory reset a shot if you didnt try already.

4. EricHHR

EricHHR Newbie

How do I do the factory reset again?

BTW I don't have SDK not sure how to operate it. I tend to forget how to unlock the phone after I did it.

5. CGraham

CGraham Newbie

Have you tried to boot into recovery yet? If you've made one prior to everything you've done between this thread and trying to install velocity for froyo (from the other thread you made) , you have some hope. Don't smash the phone.

6. Lilg37

Lilg37 Well-Known Member

id say smash it but the nerd in me thinks that u have a chance, listen to dots or hope on the irc and get help from the ally community instantly if someone there knows how to help

Tags: