• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Did I brick my dx?

Hi all,
First time poster long time reader. I recently rooted my dx and started playing with various roms, mostly different version of Liberty. A week ago I updated my phone to Liberty 0.5 591. After playing around with this rom I decided to go back to Liberty 2.0.1, but forgot that I needed to switch the sbf file. Now all I get is the bootup image and nothing else :eek::eek:.

Before I shell out the money for a new phone I just want to make sure that this phone is not recoverable. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Extreme-n00b

Hi all,
First time poster long time reader. I recently rooted my dx and started playing with various roms, mostly different version of Liberty. A week ago I updated my phone to Liberty 0.5 591. After playing around with this rom I decided to go back to Liberty 2.0.1, but forgot that I needed to switch the sbf file. Now all I get is the bootup image and nothing else :eek::eek:.

Before I shell out the money for a new phone I just want to make sure that this phone is not recoverable. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Extreme-n00b

You are not permanently bricked. You are just stuck and don't have the expertise to get yourself out.

Here's my suggestion:

1) SBF and you'll be fine.
2) Put on Star Trek TNG while your sbf'ing so you get distracted and don't touch anything or disconnect anything while you are doing so.
3) Have a Coors Lite. I say Coors Lite, because we all need to watch those calories.

Seriously, do it and keep asking questions. Keep us informed and we'll see you through. You have a bunch of experts here who are tripping over each other to be the first to help newbies. OK? Gl!

Upvote 0
I've downloaded rsd lite and am running it in admin mode on my win7 pc, however it is unable to detect the phone.

Is your phone in bootloader mode? If not do this to get there:

press the red camera button + volume down + power button (hold all of them in the order that I stated until your phone flashes briefly)

Reactions: extreme-n00b
Upvote 0
Ok, I'm able to get into boot loader and rsd lite detects the phone now. However, when I attempt to flash the phone using an ota version of 2.3.340 I receive the error "Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file (0X7029)".

try redownloading your SBF file from the interwebs. Yours could be corrupt.

+1 to the coors light

Upvote 0
I downloaded the latest RSD Lite version 4.9 as well as the latest motorola drivers 4.9.0. I can now install the sbf file, but after it completes the flashing the phone gets stuck in a boot loop. RSD has a message that says for me to manually reboot my phone. When I do this it just reboots back into the boot loop.

Upvote 0
That's normal. Just go into recovery and do a factory/data reset and you'll be golden... I'll edit this with directions in a minute.

With phone off:

Hold down the home button then the power button until you see \!/. Then press the volume up and down buttons together.. That'll get you into recovery. Using the volume up and down buttons, scroll down factory data reset and choose it by hitting the power button. After it's done resetting, scroll to reboot and select it the same way as you did the reset. You should be golden.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones