1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Did I get a lemon?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pantlesspenguin, Apr 15, 2012.

1. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast

I'm experiencing the following issues with my Rezound:

1. Screen doesn't shut off while on the charger. I usually remember to shut it off myself, but just now I nodded off while using the phone on the charger. When I woke up it was extremely hot to the touch and the temp indicator was flashing. I took the battery out and let it cool off for several minutes.

2. Im having some touch screen issues. I've noticed the touch screen lags sometimes. Like I'll start scrolling a second before it registers that I'm scrolling. Additionally, I can't place the cursor to correct a mistake to save my damn life. I point it somewhere within the text box and it jumps everywhere except where I want it to go.

Are these conditions normal for this phone? I've only had it a couple days, should I see about getting a replacement?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. locoandroid

locoandroid Well-Known Member

The temp issue is not normal, just take it back to big red for a new replacement.

3. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert

And I'm willing to be the rest of your problems are connected. In short, you probably got a nice juicy lemon from HTC and Verizon.

4. ptco911

ptco911 Well-Known Member

Yep take it back.

5. pantlesspenguin

Thanks guys. I might have an issue though. I got it online during the $50 sale. Would I still be able to take it to a Verizon store and get it switched out?

6. locoandroid

locoandroid Well-Known Member

Just call CS and check w them before u go to the store.

7. hrbib21

hrbib21 Android Expert

Makes no difference. I always buy on Verizon site and swap out at the store if need be.

8. gunderda

gunderda Member

shouldn't matter. all phones come with the 1 year warranty. they can just look up in store to see that you're still within the year.

but question is, will they give you a new one or a refurbished one??

9. pantlesspenguin

Yeah I keep forgetting that even though this device is new to me, it's not new on the market. It's funny, this phone is definitely an upgrade from the Amaze, and they came out around the same time.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews