• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

did i junk it out

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
ok some time ago i was trying to get extended memory on my on5 phone. installed twrp and root essentials and other files recommended by the group. well that did not work and all it did was make my phone useless.

today i tried to reinstall the original software and i found the file on samsngs site and downloaded to the laptop. using odin i managed to get that file into odin and connect up the phone and tried to add it into the phone and now i have this

! an error has occurred while updating the device software use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software. i guess but the laptop will not see the phone now. i tried again with odin and nothing is working. i have no clue what the smart switch pc software is.

any ideas here on how to get the twrp off the phone and the on5 operating system back on it?

ok some time ago i was trying to get extended memory on my on5 phone. installed twrp and root essentials and other files recommended by the group. well that did not work and all it did was make my phone useless.

today i tried to reinstall the original software and i found the file on samsngs site and downloaded to the laptop. using odin i managed to get that file into odin and connect up the phone and tried to add it into the phone and now i have this

! an error has occurred while updating the device software use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software. i guess but the laptop will not see the phone now. i tried again with odin and nothing is working. i have no clue what the smart switch pc software is.

any ideas here on how to get the twrp off the phone and the on5 operating system back on it?
ok i got it back but it still has twrp on it and i would really want to put this back to the out of the box settings and software. i downloaded the on5 recovery software. but odin will not load it odin sees the phone and i add the software to odin in the ap tab and then start it and it goes thru steps and says failed. so is there now way to remove twrp at all? help would be nice for this. thanks

Upvote 0
From your description you apparently have not re-flashed with a valid, stock, Samsung ROM. Flashing a valid, stock ROM will restore not just the un-rooted operating system but also a stock Recovery. If TWRP still remains each time, that's an indicator something isn't right about the flashing process you tried.
Please provide more details on where you obtained the ROMs you used. (Samsung does not provide ROMs for public access downloads, There are reliable, third-party sources and of course a lot of dodgy ones.)

Upvote 0
thanks i was sure i got them from samsung? but it came from this place. https://firmwarefile.com/samsung-sm-g550t1

so i loaded all the files in odin and started the process and it failed. i did it 6 or 8 times and they all failed. so i just did another factory reset to clear out my stuff and quit. seems there is a bit more to this than i can manage and i don't need to junk out the phone so i just gave up. then i put them on craigslist for sale. i got 2 new phones from lg that have more memory on them these phones just would not work with the few apps i had. my old s3 with 16gb had all the apps on it i needed and still had a ton of room these on5 phones has about 1/3 the apps and ran out, so we got lg aristo phones that have 16 gb and now will see if we can install the apps we want. thanks i'm just not going to ever try rooting another phone to much trouble for me. and i give up on these. but thanks for the help. you answered before i had a chance to come back and say forget it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones