• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Did I just brick my phone?

SO I did a factory reset on my phone after being rooted. After the reset none of my previous apps were frozen in Ti Back up. So I went back in an froze them. Shut my phone off for the Ti freezes to take affect. I turn it on it goes threw the boot up and comes to the slide to unlock screen. My back round is black. I slide to unlock and the screen has nothing on it but the battery and signal meters. Nothing on else. If I press the buttons at the bottom I get the vibrate but nothing pops up. I long press the home button and it tells me that there is no resent history apps. WTF is going on here?

You may want to try installing a home screen replacement like launcher pro or go launcher to see if that works. I'm not sure what you could do to fix the stock launcher other than maybe resetting the defaults in the settings -> applications menu for launcher. I personally like launcher pro, but opinions vary...

Upvote 0
You may want to try installing a home screen replacement like launcher pro or go launcher to see if that works. I'm not sure what you could do to fix the stock launcher other than maybe resetting the defaults in the settings -> applications menu for launcher. I personally like launcher pro, but opinions vary...
I can't get into my app draw

yeah, you can use adb to install an apk.... that's above my level though. it's been explained in here before.

This will only work if usb debugging is enabled. Downlaod this zeam.apk (Zeam.apk)

and install via adb
Code:
adb install zeam.apk
downloading. I did turn debugging on before it went haywire. I have no idea what Im doing tho so this should be interesting.

Upvote 0
Yeah I couldnt figure it out. I gave up talked to Verizon they were sending me a replacement phone. Laying in bed last night I had a stroke of genius. I grab the laptop and got on google and resent Ti Back up to my phone which then gave me the option to open it. Did that and was to defrost everything. I realized I froze Home 2.21 or something like that. Restarted my phone and its alive again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones