1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Did I ruin my DInc? Almost a fire.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sillyrabbitt123, Nov 17, 2010.

1. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I have been using an amazon kindle usb cable and electrical outlet plug to charge my Dinc for all long time never a problem.

Tonight I charged it up for an hour and my phone rang the Dinc was SMOKIN HOT and the amazon plug was burning and melting plastic on the small end of the plug. WTH happened? Why all of a sudden and do you think I could have damaged mi DInc? It seems to work fine but does smell like burning electronics.

thanks for any insight.

Advertisement

2. Shorte85

Shorte85 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Stay at home Wife
    Michigan, USA
    In my opinion, if you have insurance on your phone. I'd certainly take it in to Verizon and see what they say? Maybe they will tell you to get a new phone or be able to tell you otherwise on what you should do.

Have you possibly tried turning off the phone to let it set for about an hour? Maybe it smelled like burning electronics because it was still pretty warm. I don't know, that's about what I would do.

3. tmarr

tmarr Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    If you have insurance you can file a claim (itll cost you money though). I'd try to wait it out for a bit.

If you dont have insurance, try to do a warranty exchange. Just dont tell them that you used a different charger as they might say "you should only use the charger that it came with from HTC"

4. sillyrabbitt123

Dec 5, 2009
    So far so good. Its working. I will test it out. Is it possible its the outlet that is messed up or the charger?

Again not sure why it happened now after all this time.

thanks

5. Look at the transformer for the Kindle charger and check out the specs. What is the output voltage and the output mAh rating?

6. derb

derb New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    HVAC
    California
    I had one of those Verizon branded "green" chargers and the pinning the micro usb end became dislodged and ky phone wouldn't charge. Maybe your's did the same but sorted ii causing your charger to fry.

7. sillyrabbitt123

Dec 5, 2009
    thanks guy! its 4.9v but not sure on the Mah? it worked for months now.

its weird