1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Did I screw my battery up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vtec, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Vtec

Vtec Member

Okay here's the deal. I've had my phone for a few weeks now and after power cycling it twice when I first got it I've had better battery life. I recently decided to cycle it one more time as everyone says to do it 3 times. So last night I killed it then fully charged it to 100. At full charge I unplugged the phone and went to sleep.I woke up about 9 hours later to now find my phone at 72% battery......WTF? For 9 hours of standby. Before hand I was only goin down like 7 or 8 % while I sleep. Am I screwed now?

2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

you probably had alot of apps running in the background from the restart, i use app killer to stop them

3. Vtec

Vtec Member

Nope, I was using advanced task killer and I didn't have anything running in background.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Something like this happened to me over the last two days. Yesterday morning, I went to bed and the phone was at full charge. 6 hours later in the morning, it was at 88% (12% decrease). Went to bed that day with it at 39%, 6 hours later again and it was 37% (2% decrease) in the morning.

5. Jofaba

Jofaba Android Enthusiast

Did you check to see what was draining the battery under About Phone/Battery Use?

6. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

x2

and/or the phone may be relearning the battery data.

7. Vtec

Vtec Member

It was all pretty much cell standby.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews