1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Did Metro finally discontinued the Optimus M?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asheehanjr, Oct 11, 2011.

1. asheehanjr

asheehanjr Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Male
    PC Technician
    Westfield, MA
    I just noticed that there is no more LG Optimus M on the MetroPCS website today. I was supposed to get a replacement one about a week ago but um, it looks like I may not now if they took it off there site. Metro still has to honor my replacement even if the Optimus is discontinued?

Advertisement

2. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster/Web Design & Data Entry
    Atlanta, GA

If you talked them about it then yes they owe you a replacement. If its truly not on the site then yes its EOL. I'd check but im on my phone right now.

3. bucketbass

bucketbass Member
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Ase Master Auto Tech
    Central, Fl
    Yep I saw that it is gone also. I think that as with all warranty providers there is a stack of refurbs ready to replace the broken ones. Sharp replaced my TV 2 months ago after a lightening strike. The first refurb was scratched around the frame so the replaced it a second time. My point is that my TV also is discontinued but is now only a year and 1 month old.

4. iCn2u

iCn2u Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    RN
    Atlanta, GA
    Just had live chat with Metro PCS...The Optimus is gone! The warranty states that in the need of a replacement phone, a comparable or refurbished phone will be provided. Just don't let them try to give a Huawei! They're down to $39.00-they can't give them away.

5. asheehanjr

asheehanjr Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Male
    PC Technician
    Westfield, MA
    I just checked with Metro to day because I was still waiting for the replacement but since there obsolete now I'm pretty much screwed. The guy tried to offer me some touch screen but had no android and he even said it is a crappy phone lol. I do have the Admire but have to bring that to Corporate because I'm stuck at the Samsung Screen and stuck using the Huawei M835 again which really blows but I still can get my old optimus back which does work but I can only use it as a mp3 player, or just something to mess with. I know you can buy a used one on Amazon for a bout $50 bucks which is what I'm going to do when I get my pay check. It was a reall cool phone while it lasted and my first android phone. RIP LG Optimus :mad:

Tags: