• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Did my phone just brick itself?

lusciouslou

Nov 18, 2013
I haven't changed anything in the past few months, but I have lost all service. For the past 4 or 5 days I haven't been able to send or recieve many texts. Sometimes turning the phone off and back on would allow some messages to go out and come in. My 4G LTE and 3G still worked at the time, and I could still make phone calls. A day or two ago everything stopped working. Whenever I try to send a text it never goes through. Trying to make a phone call I get an automated voice that says something along the lines of "This account is not authorized to make calls." Even though my bill is paid. Trying to connect to the data network just doesn't do anything.

Is my phone bricked?

I haven't changed anything in the past few months, but I have lost all service. For the past 4 or 5 days I haven't been able to send or recieve many texts. Sometimes turning the phone off and back on would allow some messages to go out and come in. My 4G LTE and 3G still worked at the time, and I could still make phone calls. A day or two ago everything stopped working. Whenever I try to send a text it never goes through. Trying to make a phone call I get an automated voice that says something along the lines of "This account is not authorized to make calls." Even though my bill is paid. Trying to connect to the data network just doesn't do anything.

Is my phone bricked?
Try entering ##72786# into the dialer. Let it do its thing, then after the reboot hands free activation should run. After another reboot it should be fine.

Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones