1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Did not receive Gingerbread update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BigFuzzyDoor, Nov 30, 2011.

1. BigFuzzyDoor

BigFuzzyDoor New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I just got my LG Revolution from Verizon yesterday. It came with software version VS910VZ4 installed, as found on the Settings -> About Phone menu. Today I ran the procedure to receive the Gingerbread update which I had found online (Settings -> About Phone -> Software Update -> Check New). It ran through the software update process and completed successfully. However when I checked the software version afterwards I found that it was not the Gingerbread update. I now have SW Version VS910VZ6 and still have Android version 2.2.2. The Gingerbread update should have given me SW Version VS910VZ7 and Android version 2.3 as far as I know. I repeated the procedure above, suspecting that it would then perform the next update. However this time after selecting "Check New", it simply returns saying "No New Software Update Available". I restarted the phone and re-attempted, same result. Battery pulled, same result. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a problem on Verizon's end? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    HVAC Sheetmetal Mechanic/ Service Tech
    Washington Dc
    did you have update sent to your phone ota or manually did update

3. 1of7627

1of7627 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Male
    Tech @ Community College
    Spokane, WA
    I believe he was trying to grab it OTA by initiating a request from the About Phone->Software Update option on the settings menu. (I've downloaded the files and applied them manually on other phones before, but couldn't find one for the Revo.)

Fuzzy, it might take a while for the network to register your current version before it allows the next one. (One update was released soon after the phones were first introduced.) You can try a Factory Reset, but I'm not certain if that will force the issue. Otherwise, you can give it a little time and see if it appears on it's own. - MarkC

4. BigFuzzyDoor

BigFuzzyDoor New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yes, I was attempting to initiate the SW update from the menus.

I got antsy and I found this post over on XDA that helped me root my device and flash the V7 update onto my phone.