1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Did root cause my Random Reboot issue?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by turbomentor, Oct 14, 2010.

1. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Navy Pilot
    Pace FL
    Rooted my DINC 9/26 with no problems using Unrevoked 3.2.1 or whatwver the latest clockwork mod iteration is. All went well.

Last week or so i have been experiencing some major random reboot issues. Well not really random. It appears that my phome wants to reboot any time it uses a data connection (marketplace google maps internet etc). Mames my smartphone pretty much dumb and unusable. Unacceptable.

To try to remedy I've done a factory reset but this didnt fix the problem. If i had to guess feels like my radio file may somehow have become corrupted. Possible? If so whats the fix for that? I think Id like to reflash the rooted OS...is that possible? Or even a good/bad idea?

I dont think that my problem is app related as I did a factory reset and never reinstAlled my apps. Thus my problem is either the rooting process or hardware (I think!).

Help greatly appreciated as i am away from home for a week and really need my phone fully functional.

Advertisement

2. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    It's not the software. What you seem to be experiencing is a not unheard of hardware failure. That it happened after rooting is coincidental. Myself and a handful of others have experienced this.

The fix is to unroot, then call Verizon for a warranty replacement.

turbomentor likes this.
  3. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Navy Pilot
    Pace FL
    So while driving from FL to TX I experience reboots about 15 total times. After arriving I posted my question here and the next day took my phone to VZW in Austin. In the short trip from hotel to VZW got 3 reboots!!!

Nice lady at VZW couldn't get it to reboot on command, but I was nice (read, not an A-Hole like some customers can be) and so they gave me a warranty replacement. A week later, here I am with a new phone, newly rooted and good to go!

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Camden, AR, USA
    Cool. Congrats. Enjoy. :)