• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Did something really stupid

Vantisy

Lurker
May 16, 2017
So i tried to recover my Note 4 with CM 14 installed. i wanted to recover my old standard android os. i used trwp. But in the progress of recovering i didnt have the back of the phone on because it would be easier to remove battery if needed/no chance of the things that make the back go on the phone breaking. But the battery fell out. And it doesnt boot anymore. Just nothing happens it can't boot like normally/ in recovery. it looks like it doesnt have an os it doesnt even show anything when i put the charger in. I'm new tot his kind of stuff so yeah
If anyone could help me i would be really thankfull

Hi, sorry to hear of your problem, if you are unable to boot into recovery I don't know of any way you can rescue the phone, although interrupting the loading by the battery dropping out shouldn't affect its ability to charge or power up, maybe if you have a repair shop near to you they may be able to help. Phil
I googled some more information and i figured out that i messed up the OS and my hpone got Hard-Bricked. Which is difficult to solve. You can buy a ''jig usb'' for around 4 bucks that when you plug it in it will go straight to the Samsung Android download thingy. I will be buying that soon. Thank for your reply though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones