1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Did Sprint stop 4g rollout?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by thomasanderson, Sep 14, 2011.

1. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Just curious, since Sprint decided going with Lte I havent heard anything about rollout of 4g to any new cities. Every blog I go on at least once every other week I hear about Verizon expanding their 4g coverage, but nothing from Sprint. Im curious because Ive been paying for 4g data since the day the Evo 4g launched, but I have yet to actually experience the speeds here in MI.

Advertisement

2. Doomstang

Doomstang Android Enthusiast

I haven't seen Clearwire add any new markets lately...I remember reading that they were starving for cash so they may be waiting on a deal to give them that $$

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

No new markets have been announced or added lately, although there are new towers popping up from time-to-time in both old and future markets... but at a pretty slow pace.

4. First where did you read that sprint is going to lte? LTE would be a horrible move for sprint. It would only add cost.

Secondly, sprint has been going through some contractions lately, 3g and 4g. There are new towers coming online, but they are very slow.

5. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

Haven't seen anything for certain on LTE either. Although, Clear said something about LTE-advance ready network, and even more significant...
    I did see the other day that Clear signed a deal with China Mobile regarding LTE development and should start pumping out products for in in the first half of 2012. Guess we'll see in a few weeks when Sprint announces their 4G plans. I put up a few links in another thread about it on this board.

6. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Android Enthusiast

This is kinda starting to get on my nerves actually. Why bother pimping out all these 4G phones if you're not going to bother to make sure people have access to the service?

7. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

I definitely agree with what you're saying. I do think they are making improvements to the network though. For the last couple of weeks I have been consistently getting 1 to 3 bars of 4G and much better 3G (see screen shot). As far as I'm concerned I don't necessarily care whether I am getting 3G or 4G as long as it is fast.

[​IMG]

8. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Android Enthusiast

Isn't Sprint set to make some big announcement early next month regarding their future 4G plans? They just partnered with Lightsquared, and I know Clear is working on LTE technology as well. That could be one reason why they slowed the rollout.

9. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

Yes... On October 7th, I believe.