1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Did the Amazon $0.01 upgrade just vanish???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rox44, Nov 21, 2011.

1. rox44

rox44 Member
    None

Jan 24, 2010
    Denver CO
    My beloved original Droid (rooted and ROM'ed ad nauseum) is on it's last leg, so I've been looking to upgrade to the TB because of the $0.01 Amazon price and how I've read here it resonponds well to the root and ROM change.

Last week I went through 8 of the whole 9 yards to purchase, put the item in the cart, selected the upgrade, and stopped the process to think about it a few days. Went back tonight to pull the trigger, and Amazon still shows the $0.01 price until an upgrade option is selected to which the price jumps to $99.99.

If anyone was paying attention, was the price only a penny for new activations but not upgrades and I just didn't notice that in my first go around, or did Amazon end the penny price for upgrading?

If I missed the sale, maybe it'll come back after the Black Friday weekend... otherwise, I'll start hoping my phone makes it to the next great deal.

Advertisement

2. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Champs Sports
    West Pittston, PA
    I never saw the sale, so I couldn't tell you, but I'm pretty sure Best Buy is offering it free on Black Friday, so I expect others to as well.

3. rox44

rox44 Member
    None

Jan 24, 2010
    Denver CO
    Thanks. I hope so.