• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Did the Froyo Update Break Exchange Email??

ericedge

May 14, 2010
I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue. Since the Froyo update I've had every Droid Incredible phone(the only droids at our facility) have this same exact issue. The phones will just randomly stop getting emails. But once the user goes into "Email" it refreshes itself and they started getting all of their emails. I even tried a different email app to see if there was something that at least worked. "Improved Email" seemed to do the trick until that too stopped getting emails all of a sudden too and the only way to reset that is to reboot the phone, and then all of the emails will come through on boot up.

I am at a loss as to what is causing this. All of our other smart phones(non droid phones) are running fine. It seems as soon as the Froyo update hit these phones, email has been a struggle since.

Anyone else experiencing this?:(

Yes, it's a server side issue. One of the techs at work ran into this, but I can't remember exactly how he fixed it. I seem to remember it was one particular message that everyone was getting that broke it for everyone, but I don't recall. It's definitely a server side issue. Enterprise support for Android still isn't quite there I don't think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones