1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Did the GenieWidget come with the Froyo 2.2 update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Raadius, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Raadius

Raadius Member

All the sudden I can not delete the GenieWidget.apk on my phone. It's wrtten to the system file, but before I could because I installed it like any other .apk and deleted it when I didn't want it, now I can't.

2. zombdroid

zombdroid Android Enthusiast

Did you go to running apps and try to stop it first? Once stopped, you should be able to delete it right from the Applications menu.

3. ramonini

ramonini Well-Known Member

I didnt get that on the unofficial update

4. Raadius

Raadius Member

I did, the uninstall button isn't highlighted. I cant click it. I installed it just a few days before the Froyo update, now I can't uninstall it after the Froyo update which made me believe it came with Froyo. Just doens't make any sense, I must of installed it like 5 times and uninstalled, why all the sudden I cant?

5. Connectz

Connectz Android Enthusiast

What I noticed was that after the update and after I did a hard reset, somehow, the genie widgets were there to be selected to add to the screen. I thought they must have added it to froyo as a stock app.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews