1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

did the Market app update by itself?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bigdellstreak5, Apr 26, 2011.

1. bigdellstreak5

None

Apr 26, 2011
    New Android 2.2 owner here and I have to say it is AWESOME! It is lightyears ahead of my old Nokia E63.

Anyways, my little kid like playing Angry birds. I then went on Market and the look was all new. Is the Market an app or is it browser based?

I kind of like the old Market app store better than the new one, any way to set it back?

Advertisement

2. droidexplorer

droidexplorer Newbie
    None

Dec 9, 2010
    Yep the Android Market updates by itself. I would love to know if there is a way to revert it back to the old look too :)

3. sharkerbaby

sharkerbaby Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    You can disable the auto update on most apps by pulling up it's page in the market and deselecting "Allow automatic updating". I am unable to find an app page specifically for the market however but I wanted to let you know about this because most google apps (ie, maps, gmail, goggles, etc) have this option selected by default. So if you're like me and want to make sure the reviews of the new version are acceptable before it updates and possibly breaks itself you make want to go through and unclick this option.

Re: reverting back to an old version the only way that i am aware of is if you regularly backup your apps using titanitum backup or similar you can then restore the previous version from there

4. vosg

vosg Android Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    Software Developer (retired)
    Antwerp, BE
    You can go into Settings, Applications, Manage applications, and use Uninstall Updates in the market app, but it won't be a permanent fix. It always wants to "upgrade" itself. *Sigh*, I wish there was a way to avoid this...