1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Did Words with Friends kill my battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by K9Kill, Oct 24, 2011.

1. K9Kill

K9Kill Lurker
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    Howdy all!!

I've had my Photon since the beginning of August. Aside from the initial problem of the phone going to mute when receiving a call, I've had no problems with it. Battery life has been extremely awesome, lasting all day on a single charge. So about two weeks ago I downloaded Words with Friends and after my battery went to crap! By noon my phone was down to 40% charge. It started acting like the EVO 3G that was replaced by this phone. So I unistalled the app and now my battery is crap. By 3:00 pm I'm having to connect the charger. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. ljbad4life

ljbad4life Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    That could very well be the case. I noticed that when I have open games in Words with friends that it syncs frequently at ~30 minutes. SO that fact alone will diminish battery life (opening a data connection).

3. unkledude

unkledude Member
    None

Sep 8, 2011
    Male
    sw pa
    Also make sure that all windows are closed from the browser menu. I've forgotten to close all mine at times and open it up with battery level @ 80% open up windows n 3-4 windows are open....battery level drops to 40%it that quick.

My 2 cents. :rolleyes:

4. K9Kill

K9Kill Lurker
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    Thanks for the tips. One thing I ran across today on the forums was that after the October Photon update, a lot of people are experiencing poor battery performance. This might very well be the case for me because I installed WWF around the same time the update rolled out. I'm not going to reinstall the app until more information comes out regarding this update, and hopefully a fix. Thanks again....