1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Did you delete the LgHome.apk Then look here... Resolved

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elcocho852, Jun 4, 2011.

1. elcocho852

elcocho852 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Male
    College Student
    CA
    A Few days ago i accidently deleted my LgHome.apk file... I did a factory reset because i wanted to see if i still had the metropcs apps that i deleted, but when my phone rebooted from the factory reset i got the lg optimus m start up screen so i did everything it said then when i was done i got an error saying lg.launcher.something has unexpectedly something?? and then it says force close... the only thing i saw was a black screen and i couldnt do nothing, i could only recieve calls...:-(
    Finally after messing with my phone for a few days i noticed that you could still use the voice button so i used it...

to get your phone back working if you deleted the "LgHome.apk" file follow this steps...:)

1. Pull down the notification bar...

2. Hold the search button for about like 6 seconds until you get the voice input message.

3. When you set up the voice search say"GO TO LGHOME.APK" then its going to take you to internet browser..

4. when you are in the internet browser type LgHome.apk free download when you find a working link download the apk....

5. when its done downloading install it and walllawww your screen should be back to normal and remember never to delete nothing from the phone the better thing to do is to download titanium backup and freeze the apps instead of deleting them, what this will do is like deleting them but when you want to use it for some reason you could still use themm..
    Plus if you delete them it wont save a lot of internal memory only a lil bit..

NOOOOOOOOO NO it wont show up on your app drawer if you freeze the app its technically like deleting them but you could still used them when ever you want, how i said...

This technically works for all phones...

I didnt felt like going trough the ADB shell because its a lot of work and plus their is always a solution to a problem...

Thanks and i hope this helps everyone.....

Advertisement

tcunningham and darryim like this.
  2. darryim

darryim Android Enthusiast
    None

May 29, 2011
    this happened to me but Joneidy Restored my fone in notime but hey this sounds like something that will work. THANKS.

3. krishghige

krishghige Lurker
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    Great help!!!

Tags: