• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did you get a google music invite?

I got my invite yesterday and it's taking forever to upload all of my music. The app works pretty well, although it is a bit clunkier UI than doubleTwist which I've been using for my music and iTunes syncing. The streaming works great over 4G although I did have a bug where I couldn't play a song twice for some reason.

Upvote 0
I agree, it is taking forever to upload to the cloud. I still have about 1000 songs to upload. Did anyone notice their home wifi internet connection slowing down dramatically when uploading music? I was about to call the cable company before deciding to just quit the upload to see if that was the culprit, and sure enough, the wifi signal became strong again. Now I have to tell my husband that it was my fault that the internet was so slow. Checking his fantasy baseball sites were painfully slow. I guess I'll just upload songs overnight.

Upvote 0
Got mine a week ago. Uploading takes a hack of a long time, and eating my bandwidth. The app works pretty well, but I have one annoying feature on it. When you click the delete button (by mistake most times since it is right under the edit button) you don't get the chance to confirm. but all in all works good. I can access all of my music from the thunderbolt and also from any computer.

Upvote 0
It makes sense that it's taking awhile to upload all the music. I have about 50gb of music and the US is notorious for pitiful upload rates, so its your ISP's fault really. You can reduce your Internet connection slow down by reducing the upload rate of the music manager in the advanced settings, but of course that means it'll take much longer to transfer all the music ha.

Upvote 0
For those of you complaining about how long the upload takes for the music... if you're in a 4G LTE area, just use your phone as a mobile hotspot and connect your PC to the phone... the uploads happens much faster.

My upload speeds on Time Warner are pitiful... less than 0.50mbps (down is over 15)... so 3G might even be faster for uploads in some cases.

Upvote 0
I got mine Thursday of last week. I have uploaded around 700 songs to it. So far its been pretty good, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to continue to upload more songs to it(I have well over a month of music to upload =x).

As for the service: The web app is pretty solid. Kind of bare bones, but it works well for what it is. The App is definitely a work in progress. There are a few things that just don't feel right about the way it flows.

All in all, its pretty solid.

Upvote 0
Hmmmmm...for those that have signed up but not received your invite, try going to google music. I never received an invite, but I just started uploading my music. I checked my gmail daily(sometimes hourly) and my spam folder too. Im really surprised about some of this free music too. Jeeze. LOL I actually like most of it.

WOW. Hawkwind. I did NOT expect that to be in here!

Upvote 0
I got my invite about a week ago (maybe 4 or 5 days). Have I added any music? NO! Why, you might ask, Well...the upload client supports windows and OSX only. Not Linux. Worst is that I cannot get the download button to work as it does not detect my OS to be windows. So I cannot even get the exe to install under wine. Overall, I want to love the service but cannot even try it,

-Nkk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones