• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did You Know This?

in fla here, about 95% are disabled and some still have the lock. the lock disabled, is really for if the hose and nozzel falls out, so cant flow fuel everywhere. if you hold a disabled one full it will shut off in your hand. if you lock it, walk away and it falls out in won't shut off and spill gas everywhere. now disabled, you can't leave unattended , so it won't fall out.

about 15 years ago i put nozzel in locked on full and walked away, it fell out and spilled about 10-12 gals all over ground. that is why they disabled the lock, might have happened many times.

Upvote 0
Never buy dryer sheets again. Wad up a large ball of aluminum foil and toss it in your dryer along with your wet clothes. It removes static and best of all you can use the same ball over and over again. You can also soak a rag in fabric softener and hang it up to dry. Once it is dry toss it in the dryer with the rest of your clothes and reuse it until it stops smelling like fabric softener

Upvote 0
Did you know if a tomatoe shows ANY degree of red when it is picked, it can be legally caled a Vine Ripened tomatoe? These horrid fruits are then ripened with gas.

Next time you visit the market and see "vine ripened" tomatoes, just be aware that they were likely picked green and ripened in a gas chamber.

Did you know if you place a tomato in your fridge, when it hits 50 degrees, the stuff that gives tomatoes their flavor permanently shuts down?

did you know you can place a banana in the paper bag with your tomatoes and the gas given off will ripen your fruits?

Did you know a tomato is actually a fruit?

Did you know I am serving tomato and prosciutto sandwiches, potato salad, key lime pie and draft beer right now and most you you cant come?

Did you know I think too much about tomatoes?

Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
092111-rainbowjars11.jpg

You can tint glass any color you like by using mod podge and food coloring. Momtastic has the full tutorial.
DIY: Tinted Mason Jars in Rainbow | Momtastic

Upvote 0
Did you know I am serving tomato and prosciutto sandwiches, potato salad, key lime pie and draft beer right now and most you you cant come?

That sounds good actually.

Did you know Google spelled backwards is Elgoog and an Elgoog is a type of Abacus popular in the forth century?

I never knew that...interesting.

Upvote 0
Toss small items such as baby spoons, pacifiers and bottle caps inside a small mesh lingerie bag and set the bag in the top rack of your dishwasher. This will keep things from falling off the rack and getting lost or ruined in the bottom on the dishwasher

Create a tight seal on any plastic bag using a plastic water bottle. Also makes it super easy to poor out your next serving.

Upvote 0

Use a hanger with clips to hold your recipes up where you can see the. No more greasy fingerprint all over your recipe cards!!

When packing liquids (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, ect...) for your next trip, take the lid off, place a piece of plastic wrap over the opening and screw the lid back on. The plastic wrap will keep the liquid from spilling even if the lid pops open.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
  1. Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.. I didn't know that!
  2. Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!
  3. Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
  4. Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.
  5. To make scrambled eggs or omelets rich add a couple of spoonfuls of sour cream, cream cheese, or heavy cream in and then beat them up.
  6. Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light taste of garlic, and at the end of the recipe if you want a stronger taste of garlic.
  7. Reheat Pizza Heat up leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really works.
  8. Easy Deviled Eggs: Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly, cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away when done easy clean up.
  9. Expanding Frosting: When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You get to frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar and calories per serving.
  10. Reheating refrigerated bread: To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster.

I'll have to try the banana thing. DH doesn't like them, so it's up to me to get them eaten before they get overripe.

I can vouch for the one about reheating pizza. I do it that way all the time. Just have to keep an eye on it unless you don't mind singed crust (I have a tendency to scorch the crust before the toppings are warm).

Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0
Never buy dryer sheets again. Wad up a large ball of aluminum foil and toss it in your dryer along with your wet clothes. It removes static and best of all you can use the same ball over and over again. You can also soak a rag in fabric softener and hang it up to dry. Once it is dry toss it in the dryer with the rest of your clothes and reuse it until it stops smelling like fabric softener

This I should probably try. Our dryer seems to have a static problem and my husband hates fabric softener, so really doesn't want me to use it (I'm home full-time, so I do the laundry).

As far as hanging recipes, that's about the only thing I miss about the apartment we moved out of in June, metal cabinet doors that I could stick recipes on with a magnet. I currently use the stove fan hood and a magnet :).

Upvote 0
This I should probably try. Our dryer seems to have a static problem and my husband hates fabric softener, so really doesn't want me to use it (I'm home full-time, so I do the laundry).

As far as hanging recipes, that's about the only thing I miss about the apartment we moved out of in June, metal cabinet doors that I could stick recipes on with a magnet. I currently use the stove fan hood and a magnet :).
you can use a metal hanger with wood clothes pins too that would be adjustable width wise too. if no door knobs just twist top hanger 90 degrees and hang on top of door.

Upvote 0
you can use a metal hanger with wood clothes pins too that would be adjustable width wise too. if no door knobs just twist top hanger 90 degrees and hang on top of door.

The top of the cabinet door (no knobs) is within a few inches of the ceiling, and I'm only 5'4". I don't think a metal hanger would stretch far enough to put a recipe near my level, and getting it up there in the first place would probably require enlisting DH, since I don't think I can get up there even with the stepladder. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones