• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did You Know This?

Sheesh - so old fashioned. We have all our recipes on Evernote now :)
yes is great if have a tablet but have to zoom in and scroll on phone and take chance of a spill or something bad happening. so some of us are still half old school. my wife has a simple phone only and no web or anything, and this is as of just 8 months ago, before that she had none at all, talk about old school.

Upvote 0
The top of the cabinet door (no knobs) is within a few inches of the ceiling, and I'm only 5'4". I don't think a metal hanger would stretch far enough to put a recipe near my level, and getting it up there in the first place would probably require enlisting DH, since I don't think I can get up there even with the stepladder. :)
well that will need some thought to work for that then:thinking:.

Upvote 0
OK, so I think you're describing the kind I had in mind, that would install inside the door frame (remember, the cabinet doors don't have knobs).
you can also put a small hook on inside of door and then open door and hang metal coat hanger on insde to where it hangs down past the bottom of the door to hang receipe on. only needs to be on one door where most preperation is done, and nobody will ever see hook. just an idea!!

Upvote 0
Before grilling burger, press a hole in the middle of the patty. The hole will disappear as the burger cooks. This will minimize shrinking and you won't have to worry about them not being done in the center. unless you over cook it then it will shrink.

Do you have hard water spots around your sink fixtures? Soak a rag in white vinegar, lay the rag over your water spots let sit for a few minutes and the spots will scrub right off.

Upvote 0
you can also put a small hook on inside of door and then open door and hang metal coat hanger on insde to where it hangs down past the bottom of the door to hang receipe on. only needs to be on one door where most preperation is done, and nobody will ever see hook. just an idea!!

Not a bad idea. I can state from experience that those Command hooks come off quite well, so I don't have to worry about damage (I'm renting), so one of those could work quite well for this.

Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0

Need to hang a picture but there is nothing on the back to hang it from? Once you are done with your soda, turn the tab around. Using a pair of pliers grab the bottom (short end) of the tab and bend the tab down into the mouth of the can while pulling up at the same time. This will ensure that the ring is still intact so that you can attach it to the back of your frame with a screw and hang your photo

Tired of eating dried chicken? Try this trick Stuff a Whole Chicken with an apple to keep it moist while cooking (discard apple afterwards).

Even though Apples are extremely yummy to eat there are many other uses for them.
1) Keeps Cake Fresh

Upvote 0

Need to hang a picture but there is nothing on the back to hang it from? Once you are done with your soda, turn the tab around. Using a pair of pliers grab the bottom (short end) of the tab and bend the tab down into the mouth of the can while pulling up at the same time. This will ensure that the ring is still intact so that you can attach it to the back of your frame with a screw and hang your photo

Tired of eating dried chicken? Try this trick Stuff a Whole Chicken with an apple to keep it moist while cooking (discard apple afterwards).

Even though Apples are extremely yummy to eat there are many other uses for them.
1) Keeps Cake Fresh

Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0
Keep your brown sugar in the freezer and you won't have to worry about it hardening to begin.
The first time you take the brown sugar out of the freezer you're going to think, 'Oh %&@$, MacFett lied to us! This is one solid brick of brown sugar.'

That is because it is frozen, not hardened. It defrosts very quickly and breaks off in pretty large chunks, but it will make measuring hard. So use a site like Gram Ingredient Conversions Calculator to convert volume to weight.

Upvote 0
To relieve (or remove) a sunburn soak a couple earl grey tea bags in water and let soak until the tea is dark black. Dip a rag into the tea and dab on your sunburn. Continue to reapply as the tea dries. Do not wipe off. Allowing the tea to sit on the burn over night and wash off in the morning. The burn should be barely visible if not gone completely

Need to light a hard to reach candle but don't have any long matches? Use a piece of uncooked spaghetti.

Upvote 0
Apply a thin layer of olive oil to your candle holders before you use them. Once the candle has melted the olive oil will allow you to wipe off the wax and keep it from sticking to the candle holder.

Too many clothes in your closet? Turn all of your hangers backwards. Once you wear a piece of clothing, hang it back up with the hanger facing forward. At the end of the year, toss any item that are still on hangers facing backwards. If you haven't worn it in a year you probably wont miss it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones