• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did You Know This?

To relieve (or remove) a sunburn soak a couple earl grey tea bags in water and let soak until the tea is dark black.

Does it have to be Earl Grey tea? I ask because all tea cones from the same plant. Be it green, black or white tea, it is the same plant. Only the processing changes and the different varieties are blends.

Earl Grey contains bergamot, so perhaps bergamot is why Earl Grey tea soothes a sunburn?

Upvote 0
Keep picture frames from rubbing against the wall and damaging it by gluing an eraser to the corners of the frame.

When masking tape and painters tape sit in the garage or other hot area for too long, they tend to dry out and break apart when you try to peel them. Place them in the microwave for a few seconds. (keep a close eye on them, you don't want to start a fire.) This should loosen them up and they will peel a lot easier.

Upvote 0
Seriously, yes, it can be an issue. I would suggest people that hang pictures visit True_Value and buy a package of self-adhesive Bumpons.
I know, and I'm sorry but I didn't mean it as being a goofy idea.
Ya know how sometimes, some things just strike you as funny? Well...this was one of them.
I didn't mean to be mean.:(

Upvote 0
I have never encountered this as being a problem, even in my childhood home which was smack dab between two large scale bomb ranges in New Mexico. Not saying it couldn't be a problem, but in the 7 or 8 places I've lived throughout my life never seen any damage from picture frames.
and how many people do you know take the plates off to wash their car? their are some people out there that do these things, what can i say!!!! those people also wash their house windows 1-2 a week. these people are out there, like it or not!!

Upvote 0
When masking tape and painters tape sit in the garage or other hot area for too long, they tend to dry out and break apart when you try to peel them. Place them in the microwave for a few seconds. (keep a close eye on them, you don't want to start a fire.) This should loosen them up and they will peel a lot easier.

Use old funnels to organize twine, yarn, and string

Upvote 0
About the white board, I can't vouch for this but I've heard that if you go over the marker with the whiteboard marker, then erase that, it takes the permanent marker ink with it. Worth a shot?

It's not perfect, but rather remarkable. Didn't clean the boards totally but did get round the problem enough to use the whiteboard again.

Upvote 0
Tape a zip lock back to the back of appliances such as your microwave. Insert your user manual and warranty so that you always know where it is.

SORRY, THIS MIGHT BE A DOUBLE POST.
Freeze vinegar in ice cub trays. Every time you use your garbage disposal, drop a couple vinegar ice cubes into it while running. This will help clean the blades and eliminate odor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones