• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Did you lose your driver?

ickster

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
N. Texas
I just spent all day trying to do the bloatware removal.
It would not finish. A blank Adobe page came up in the middle of it and that was it. So, thinking it was done,I ran the bloatware removal, and it did stuff but did not remove the apps.
I have spent the rest of the day today trying to get my computer to simply see the phone. No matter what I did, it just would not see it. I tried everything suggested here...no dice. The drivers are not on the phone.
The only way I could see the phone was to go to devices and I see Samsung Android...if you look through advanced settings, it says no driver found. Went to xda, tried to load the drivers there, but got an error message that said it wouldn't load because I didn't have the correct "permissions"

I downloaded it to my desktop and my Norton promptly deleted it...finally got it saved and when I ran it, it said I had to disconnect the phone I had connected. Nothing was connected... ARRRGGGHH!

I ended up telling the guy at the live help on Samsungs site "F U" 'cause he absolutely refused to direct me to the drivers for the Galaxy S. Tried to tell me it would not work, that I did not need a driver and that the driver to the Indulge wasn't released yet.
I asked him repeatedly, if I don't NEED the driver why am I WAITING for it?He really made me mad. Ignoring me repeatedly.

Before I went to Metropcs, I tried to mount it on my wifes laptop...no driver found.

So I took it to my corp. store.....they could not only not see the driver on mine, but on two of their Indulges. Thier theory? "They must have done a push to remove tether and it removed the driver....tether needs the driver?"

Anyway, he claimed after messing with the Samsung Kleis/Mass Storage settings to have made mine mount correctly.

I'm about to check it.......I really have my doubts. I'm sure I went back and forth on those settings. Not only did it ever mount, but I never had it ask me when I put it on the "ask me" setting (Samsung or Mass storage?)

And it was working fine before today.

OK, It is working fine now?!? It connected automatically and unprompted this time just like it always had. Weird.

So did they do another push?
Anyone else have any issues today?
I told them about my apps alphabatising a couple of weeks ago. Also the day before yesterday, my Angry Birds App moved from it's alphabetised position down to the bottom of the same page....weird.

Upvote 0
Maybe the driver synced to my phone when he connected it to his laptop? He had been moving the varios phones around on his laptop when he suddenly discovered the driver was installed on his phone. But he didn't hook mine in after that to check...he said 'cause the driver had been installede to his laptop at that point. But he checked my settings again and said everything looked right.
I wonder if he was cinsiously doing something or was as surprised as he acted at the issue.

But three phones definitavely did not have thier Samsung drivers installed.

Upvote 0
It's called ThinkOffice and I think it's in the metro app store. OtherwiseB let me know and I'll pass you the apk real quick. (I'm gonna be unavailable for the next two hrs though...)

Tiede, can you pass me the app as well. I just looked at the metro store and is not there.

I know this might sound like a stupid question, but I'm pretty new at this, once I get the app from you, how do I install it?

Thanks!!:)

Upvote 0
Here it is, as requested.
Although I must point out to you that there's Documents To Go available free of charge in the Market that I think does the same thing...

And I was off in the name; It's ThinkFree Office... Not that it matters, anyways ;)

Installing it is very easy don't worry.
Open this forum page on your Indulge, and click on the thinkdroid.apk link.
The browser will download the file, once it's done, just tap on it and follow the prompt!

Reactions: isujoy
Upvote 0
Here it is, as requested.
Although I must point out to you that there's Documents To Go available free of charge in the Market that I think does the same thing...

And I was off in the name; It's ThinkFree Office... Not that it matters, anyways ;)

Installing it is very easy don't worry.
Open this forum page on your Indulge, and click on the thinkdroid.apk link.
The browser will download the file, once it's done, just tap on it and follow the prompt!

thanks!! :) i was able to download it and installed it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones