1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Did You Transfer From Another Device?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Amster_G, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Amster_G

Amster_G Member
    None

Just out of curiosity I was just wondering how many of you converted from one type of device to Android. How did you like it?

Several months ago I went from an iPhone 4 to a Desire HD (first Android owned). I was with iPhone devices ever since the original 3G came out. Over time I started hearing more and more about Android and something about it just appealed to me. I got rid of the iPhone and wanted to give Android a try.

So far I'm pretty balanced between the two. I like the overall customization and functionality of Android better but I do kinda miss the beautiful design and simplicity of the iPhone 4. It sure was worth the upgrade, though. Still loving my Desire HD.

Even to this day I'm still finding out new things on my phone, which I really like because it just shows how flexible and broad the OS is, hence why I joined this site so I could get some assistance on some of these things!

Advertisement

2. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    Welcome to Android. I transferred from a PTT flip phone on the Telus Mike network to the Motorola I1 Mike phone and I love the way android works but when I found out the I1 ran the Android 1.5 OS I felt like I was missing out on the true Android experience so I switched from Mike to the Telus PCS network and I also chose the Desire HD and I love it.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I came to using Android having previously used Nokia S60 phones. I was right to change as Symbian turned out to be a 'burning platform'.

Apple's iPhone was never considered due to the iTunes requirement.

4. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Bealls
    Florida
    I came to Android from 4 years of BlackBerry phones. 8330 Curve, 9630 Tour to an HTC Thunderbolt. Very satisfied with the switch so far! Learning still.

5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert

Jan 24, 2011
    I've used the same SD card in every phone from a Motorola RIZR to a SGS4G. I usually make my own ringtones and will use the camera on the phone at times. Starting with a BB, it was easy to make lists and use the phone as a PDA. I'd have shopping lists, lists of embroidery thread, book lists, todo lists. The jump from a BB to Symbian wasn't too bad. Symbian did have some native app that would find and read all these lists. But with android, I had to change some of the lists to PDF so android would see them.
    Save me the trouble of retyping everything.

6. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    I went from Windows mobile to the Droid 2, then 6 months later purchased the X retail because I wanted the larger screen.

7. Carld256

Carld256 Lurker
    None

May 28, 2011
    I'm dual booting my HTC Touch Pro2 between Windows Mobile 6.5 and Android 2.2.2. I rarely boot back into WinMo at this point. I like the wide selection of apps and games under Android, but I've yet to find anything equivalent, or even close to MS Office.

8. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I went from Symbian to Android. Less than 8 months into my contract, I got fed up with the issues with the N97. Too many things not working and just too sluggish when it does work for me. My Desire Z just worked well with very few issues. There were many things that were just better on the Desire Z, too. I do miss a few of the really nice hardware features of the N97. Overall, the phone that works with very few issues and really nice UI trumps any of the better hardware features.

9. CyberIce275

CyberIce275 Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    I came from an iPod Touch which has since been sold.