1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Did your Cricket Huawei Mercury M886 time change mess up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by confusednoob, Jan 15, 2014.

1. confusednoob

confusednoob Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    This will be easy, please let me know if your Huawei Mercury had any issues with time change, my Mercury messed up when the time changed in California, the weird thing is it goes back and forth with the right time and wrong time a few times throughout the day, my phone would show me eastern time instead of pac time... i did not think much of it because it only happened every now and then of course it started happening a lot and then my alarm of course woke me up at the wrong time, i thought i could do a system restore so that it could restart and then the cricket satellites would update it...NOPE not the case, then I did a hard restore...NOPE.... then I paid $10 and because it was purchased within the year it was under warranty, and i picked up the new one and guess what after a week or so it started doing the same thing.... please tell me guys and girls have you ever had a problem with this? very frustrated

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    The time, unless you changed some settings, is the time at the tower you're connected to - which should be GPS time, which is accurate to a tiny fraction of a second. That sounds like a design flaw with the phone or a major f**k up by your carrier. And based on past experience, manufacturers and carriers are equal opportunity cluebies.